Author Topic: mfa issues  (Read 930 times)

Offline devilscaff

• Here all the time
  • allways up for alaugh
mfa issues
« on: 29 February 2012, 19:46 »
mfa shows time,time travelled and the temerature but the rest just dots (16v oak green the only colour)

Offline mk2bal

• I live here
Re: mfa issues
« Reply #1 on: 29 February 2012, 21:14 »
The rest is fed/calculated by speedo cable and vacuum hose. You'll know if your speedo works, but may have to pull clocks out to check vac hose. Oak green is the only colour- they're everywhere. Metallic 'Tabac' is what you want....trust

Offline slimwadey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 29 February 2012, 21:58 »
Oak green?? . Nah thats the golf clitoris ..... every c***s got one !!

Gotta be clean white

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #3 on: 29 February 2012, 22:12 »
mfa shows time,time travelled and the temerature but the rest just dots (16v oak green the only colour)

Thanks for that caveat.  As you know the Oak Green MK2 golf is "rare".  This is because it was fitted with some ground breaking equipment when released.  One of them being a new floating LCD screen for the MFA.

One of the issues subsequently discovered is that they used unobtanium for the cold solder on the circuits.  This new manufacturing process wasn't without its failings as it was new technology at the time.

They found out later that it was not resistant to heavy prolonged vibration.  This resulted in some of the solder joints developing fractures.

Your MFA has probably got a broken solder somewhere.  That's why its showing dots.

HTH.