Author Topic: Deposit  (Read 1114 times)

Offline xvickyx

• Not said much yet
Deposit
« on: 04 January 2010, 22:28 »
Hi

I was wondering whether you require a deposit for policies, as I am finding it difficult to stump up over £300 for a deposit on insurance plus the cost of getting a car  :sad: :sad:

Thanks
Vicky

Offline tony@greenlight

• Not said much yet
  • Performance & Modified Car Insurance provider
Re: Deposit
« Reply #1 on: 05 January 2010, 13:08 »
Hi Vicky,

I'm not sure as to whether you're with us so will talk more generally.

Every Insurer and broker that I have encountered who we compete with upon motor Insurance will require a deposit upon a new policy, even the direct writers such as Direct line and Admiral require.

Self managing the finance via an overdraft or the use of a credit card to ease the situation would be worth researching, as this will clearly put you in control.

Kind regards

Tony

Hi

I was wondering whether you require a deposit for policies, as I am finding it difficult to stump up over £300 for a deposit on insurance plus the cost of getting a car  :sad: :sad:

Thanks
Vicky
www.greenlightinsurance.co.uk

Covering performance and modified vehicle owners since 1996

Offline shorty0100397

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf TDI 100bhp
Re: Deposit
« Reply #2 on: 01 February 2010, 14:33 »
Yeah, i agree.  Ive never had insurance where I have never given a deposit.  When changing within a policy you can sometimes get a rebate back depending on if the car has changed.  I recently changed from a 1.25petrol fiesta to a 1.9tdi golf and I only paid £13 more  :grin: :grin: :grin: