Author Topic: Charity 3 peak mountain climb  (Read 1146 times)

Offline twistedblack69

• I live here
  • Proud mk2 user and abuser
Charity 3 peak mountain climb
« on: 22 May 2010, 20:12 »
I'm sure I remember reading about someone organising one of these last year, but I can't remember for sure, almost certain it was on here. It was a charity climb of 3 mountains in a week or something, one in Wales, one in Scotland and can't remember the third one, does anyone remember this or am I in the wrong place?

adamrob69

Re: Charity 3 peak mountain climb
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2010, 20:05 »
i did post something about the "3 peaks challenge" last year (not sure you have the right section for posting this? i would normaly of missed this thread :grin:)

i did do it last summer on i think the hottest day of the year!! its a climb of three mountains in 24hours. Scafel Pike in peak district, snowdon in wales, and ben nevis in the highlands. whether you enjoy climbing/walking or not, whether you are in good shape or not it really is an experiance. I did it for a charity event with my collegues from work, dedicated to a work collegue that died in a bike accident the year previous. We did the walk and stopped in a bunk house in wales after, and the banter we had was immense it really was good (although very draining and ofcourse hard work!)

i would highly recomend it if you are thinking about doing it; and if you want any information drop me an email etc. The thread i posted would have had three peaks in the title and was in general chat section. Although i would add you may be a bit pushed for time for organising it now (if your doing it this summer)! This year im embarking on the yorkshire 3 peaks which is the highest peaks in the peak district in 12 hours, camping this time and going up on the friday of englands second group match, carnt wait!