Author Topic: helpas my engine has blown up would a audi a3 engine with the same code agu fit?  (Read 3781 times)

Offline bully85

• I live here
would it be a strght swap or more involed?
« Last Edit: 05 November 2008, 18:28 by bully85 »

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
I think you'll have to middle with your ECU.

Offline bully85

• I live here
big job?would i need any other parts?

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
All that work, I'd do something special to the car.  Try to get an Audi S3 engine :)

Offline bully85

• I live here
havent got the cash :cry:

Offline dai-cymru

• I live here
  • 1989 MK2 16V
why not repair the engine you have with the block sourced by Rtech, wont have to worry about ecu and key issues plus you have a new car at the moment to run around in anyway  :smiley:

Offline bully85

• I live here
a friend said the head might be fooked and that all the work involed it would be easyer to get a hole new engine?am i being lead up the garden path?

Offline bully85

• I live here
also how hard would it be 2 replace engine with the same egine and code but with my ecu and all my other oringal parts

Offline dai-cymru

• I live here
  • 1989 MK2 16V
no in one sense, it is usually cheaper and easier to fit a recon/ 2nd hand unit, just a simple in out job plus ecu and wiring  :grin: However, if funds are tight overhauling your engine will be better (as long as you got a mate or the experience yourself) as if it goes into the garage the labour bill will outway a 2nd hand. but if you overhaul you can do bit by bit, plus you can save a bit as the head, and all auxillaries may be ok just the block,

Offline dai-cymru

• I live here
  • 1989 MK2 16V
also how hard would it be 2 replace engine with the same egine and code but with my ecu and all my other oringal parts

yeah get a basic engine and all your parts, alternator, starter etc can be carried over, or sell the car to me  :grin: