Author Topic: help  (Read 966 times)

Offline ian007miles

• I live here
help
« on: 10 November 2008, 13:51 »
does any ony no how to fit cabriolet eletric windows in to a mk1 tin top thanx ian
Agu|k03s|forge 007 dv|forge boost pipes|forge water pipes|forge tip|forge kona cold air intake|milltex 3" down pipe sports cat|milltek cat back exhaust|r-tech custom remap 238bhp and 235 torque

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2008, 15:20 »
you cant, they're totally different.  The scissor mechanism connects to a bracket on rear of glass, which is bolted thru a hole in the window.  This is not present on tintop glass.
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline ian007miles

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 13 November 2008, 09:23 »
is there any other way of putting electric windows in my golf. ive put one of those kits that fit overe the winder mechanisam but its so slow on anoying in the rain so i need a better way of doin it if you no of one please let me no thanx ian
Agu|k03s|forge 007 dv|forge boost pipes|forge water pipes|forge tip|forge kona cold air intake|milltex 3" down pipe sports cat|milltek cat back exhaust|r-tech custom remap 238bhp and 235 torque

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
« Reply #3 on: 13 November 2008, 11:39 »
i saw someone make their own by drilling off the rivets holding mk1 manual winder mech on, then weldign on the electric mech from another car, iirc he used scirocco ones.  Also heard MK2 rears fit, and rocco ones but not sure how true that is.
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.