Poll

were is the crank sensor on a mk3 golf engine

crank sensor on a mk3 golf
2 (50%)
were is the crank sensor on my mk3 engine
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: were is the crank sensor on a mk3 golf engine  (Read 11120 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: were is the crank sensor on a mk3 golf engine
« Reply #10 on: 23 December 2010, 13:33 »
hi shaun thats the one all right i am not getting fuel down the injectors i am getting fuel just in ignition prime (cold start bit)
so ive read its a big problem on k jet engines but not read any cures for this can you help cheers mark

Ok so you have a mk1 engine in a mk1 then  :grin:  You have the typical K-jet fuelled GTI engine for your information.

I have to keep popping to your other post for more info on what you have done so far....  You mentioned that petrol is coming out of the 2 injectors that go below the spark plugs... there are none there,  there are 5 in total, 4 at the back of the intake manifold (one of which Wayne was asking you to check for fuel) and one at the O/S of it (cold start valve)..... to help educate yourself a little before you do anything else, have a read and look at the pictures in this.. CLICK! ... you will find it very useful!

Shaun
« Last Edit: 23 December 2010, 13:34 by SoundillusioN »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #11 on: 23 December 2010, 14:16 »
Also check this

K-jet Trouble Shooting

:wink:

Shaun

Offline makkmarkmark

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 23 December 2010, 14:49 »
thanks for that shaun i found that site once i new what engine it was and have printed it off will have a good go at it tomorrow hopefully it will just be something daft like the sensor plate sticking or something once again cheers for your advise will keep you informed

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #13 on: 24 December 2010, 09:45 »
thanks for that shaun i found that site once i new what engine it was and have printed it off will have a good go at it tomorrow hopefully it will just be something daft like the sensor plate sticking or something once again cheers for your advise will keep you informed

no problem, we got there in the end.....  If you need anything else you know let us know,

Shaun

Offline makkmarkmark

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 24 December 2010, 12:10 »
hi shaun i think i have a electrical problem my cold start valve isnt getting electric so god nose what else isnt getting electric do you no if there is a fuse for this or ecu or something else cheers mark

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #15 on: 24 December 2010, 12:58 »
hi shaun i think i have a electrical problem my cold start valve isnt getting electric so god nose what else isnt getting electric do you no if there is a fuse for this or ecu or something else cheers mark

I replied to your PM that you sent to me that was addressed to Wayne??  :smiley:

Shaun

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #16 on: 24 December 2010, 21:58 »

K jet has no ecu, check all fuses and go from there.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #17 on: 26 December 2010, 09:06 »
I always though k-jets had ecus. Or is it just the mk2 k-jets that do?
Neway have you checked the wires from cold start valve and traced back. This is if fuses didn't help
Liam

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #18 on: 26 December 2010, 10:32 »
I always though k-jets had ecus. Or is it just the mk2 k-jets that do?
Neway have you checked the wires from cold start valve and traced back. This is if fuses didn't help
Liam

Nope no ecu on 8v's, it is a mechanical based system, very simple.

I believe the 16v had a ecu however

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #19 on: 26 December 2010, 14:10 »
I knew it was mechanical based just wondered for 8valves as my 16 does have one be it very basic.
Liam