Author Topic: J plate Rivage.  (Read 10364 times)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: J plate Rivage.
« Reply #20 on: 23 November 2010, 01:46 »
next noddy guide required please  :smiley:

Lower arm and anti roll bar removal  :shocked:

Dont know if this will cover it, helped me.  :smiley:

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=515098

sweet :afro:

I have the front wishbones minus bushes, but two people have now said to me I should have got them complete... do you think I should try and swap them for a complete kit (i don't have the receipts)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #21 on: 23 November 2010, 02:12 »
What wishes did you get and what bushes do you want?  standard or poly? if i was going standard i'd probably get them all in one, if i was going for poly then i would want to choose and put them in myself.

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #22 on: 23 November 2010, 17:23 »
What happened between Guy buying it and it all looking shiny, to now, where it needs lots of stuff doing?

Did he buy a shiny dog?

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 23 November 2010, 17:54 »
What happened between Guy buying it and it all looking shiny, to now, where it needs lots of stuff doing?

Did he buy a shiny dog?

no... it always needed work doing to it... these things made themselves apparent through the first six months of ownership

and it wasn't all clean and shiny when I got it... I made it clean and shiny  :tongue:

this was me claying it on day 1

mk1 rivage - clay by Guy Frankland, on Flickr

she was a dirrty bird

mk1 Rivage by Guy Frankland, on Flickr

Mk1 Interior Detail by Guy Frankland, on Flickr

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 23 November 2010, 17:55 »

who ended up being clean...  :cool:

Mk1 Interior Detail by Guy Frankland, on Flickr

NR Guildford to Brighton 2009 by Guy Frankland, on Flickr

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #25 on: 23 November 2010, 17:59 »
Aye. I've read your thread and all, and now Chuff is looking after it.    :rolleyes:

Prior to that I looked in when you bought it and cleaned it up.  Thought that was all it needed, shame.

Anyhoo, hope you get it sorted for the summer so you your better half can enjoy it.  :lipsrsealed:

Jonathan.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 23 November 2010, 18:00 »
however.. along the way there have been a few problems which needed/need to be sorted

the alternator belt being rounded off was solved, amazingly, by rubjonny.. who did a fantastic job of cambelt and water pump replacement for me

stereo system and clifford alarm installed... unfortunately a bad wiring route led to the car flooding when it rained (not my fault)

and now it is time for the suspension and ball joints and wishbones to be replaced...

then the hood etc

then mot and cosmetics

she's an old girl... she is bound to need some loving from time to time

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 23 November 2010, 18:05 »
Aye. I've read your thread and all, and now Chuff is looking after it.    :rolleyes:

Prior to that I looked in when you bought it and cleaned it up.  Thought that was all it needed, shame.

Anyhoo, hope you get it sorted for the summer so you your better half can enjoy it.  :lipsrsealed:

Jonathan.

Chuff has it because I was looking for somewhere dry to store her over winter and chuff was looking for a project to tinker with to stop him spending his own money

its much easier to work on her in the garage and get things done... and it has given me the motivation to do so and learn at the same time

its always been in the plan to do this to her to make her more driveable... the 3 will be going at some point and I want a car I can really drive and enjoy safely

the mrs now has a focus... so the mk1 will be out for high days and holidays  :wink:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #28 on: 23 November 2010, 18:06 »
just imagine it as the Chuff of the Rivage world Elvi,

Good looking  :smug: on the outside - slightly fcuked underneath.  :grin: :laugh:

and dont forget,

these things are getting RARER by the year, thus once this old lady has had some fettling, the value can only go up up up  :wink:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 23 November 2010, 18:08 »

Jonathan.

In short I think it could 'run' quite happily as it is.. but I am trying to get her into as good as condition as I/Chuff can  :wink: