Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785070 times)

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #13360 on: 03 March 2024, 19:00 »

Fitted my refurbished steering wheel, 2mm thicker, nappa leather top and bottom with perforated leather on the sides  :smiley:

I've the same spec steering wheel, it's funny how much nicer it feels with the extra 2mm! Who'd you get to do it, looks like they made a great job of it!
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline jh_97

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13361 on: 03 March 2024, 19:02 »

Fitted my refurbished steering wheel, 2mm thicker, nappa leather top and bottom with perforated leather on the sides  :smiley:

That looks really good, matches the seats perfectly too! Do you mind me asking where you got it done and how much it was?
2018 GTI PP DSG, Pure White, graphite Sevilles, Art Velours

Offline gixerste

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13362 on: 03 March 2024, 19:27 »

That looks really good, matches the seats perfectly too! Do you mind me asking where you got it done and how much it was?

Hi Royal Steering Wheels did the work, mine cost me £175 plus postage, but the price varies depending on what spec you want  :smiley:
Indium grey D.S.G. Mk7.5GTI pp

Offline gixerste

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13363 on: 03 March 2024, 19:32 »

I've the same spec steering wheel, it's funny how much nicer it feels with the extra 2mm! Who'd you get to do it, looks like they made a great job of it!

100% agree, that's how VW should have made them to start with. Royal Steering Wheels did the work and I'm really happy with it  :smiley:

Offline matthewh

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13364 on: 04 March 2024, 21:54 »
Decided to remove the Clubsport S from it's spot in the garage and tidy up a few bits bothering me, underside completely revamped, I'm sure you all know how suspension parts look after 8 years so all has been rubbed down and painted, inner guards & bumpers removed for a deep clean. Last but certainly not least I fitted a Scorpion cat back system with the ascari  tips, if your wondering why the exhaust change?  :laugh: well, after only 10k miles the css exhaust tips have some cracks in the chrome which just isn't great to look at, now it won't take anymore hurt as it's stored away for whenever I want to return to stock.  :smiley:

Anyhow, here's some pics.....

Current:
2000 Rover Mini Cooper Sports Pack
2016 VW GTI Clubsport S - #250
2019 VW Caddy 2.0 TDI
2020 Mini John Cooper Works GP - #2166

Gone:
2015 Ford Fiesta ST
2010 VW Polo GTI

Offline gixerste

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13365 on: 05 March 2024, 06:21 »
Decided to remove the Clubsport S from it's spot in the garage and tidy up a few bits bothering me, underside completely revamped, I'm sure you all know how suspension parts look after 8 years so all has been rubbed down and painted, inner guards & bumpers removed for a deep clean. Last but certainly not least I fitted a Scorpion cat back system with the ascari  tips, if your wondering why the exhaust change?  :laugh: well, after only 10k miles the css exhaust tips have some cracks in the chrome which just isn't great to look at, now it won't take anymore hurt as it's stored away for whenever I want to return to stock.  :smiley:

Anyhow, here's some pics.....

Very nice love those ascari  tips, is it resonated or none resonated also how much do you notice it under normal driving on motorways/A roads ?

Offline matthewh

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13366 on: 05 March 2024, 09:12 »
Very nice love those ascari  tips, is it resonated or none resonated also how much do you notice it under normal driving on motorways/A roads ?

Went with resonated, just wanted something similar sounding to the original and can always remove the resonator in the future, going by memory and idle as the car hasn't been driven since last summer I'd say it sounds very similar, wouldn't really describe it as louder but maybe a bit more bark, OEM had a bit of a softer tone imo, hasn't been near a motorway yet but I'll report back when it does.

Current:
2019 VW Caddy 2.0 TDI

Gone:
2015 Ford Fiesta ST
2010 VW Polo GTI

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #13367 on: 05 March 2024, 11:29 »
Going back to that Royal steering wheel….I am hooked!
Car is exactly 5yrs old and I have decided to hang on to it rather than changing.
This gives me some loose change for goodies!
I would do the postal exchange option and use a local indie garage to do the work.
How easy is the drop and how long should it take to carry out? Is there anything I can say to reassure a “nervous” mechanic?
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #13368 on: 05 March 2024, 11:33 »
For drop see swop!
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline matthewh

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13369 on: 05 March 2024, 12:21 »
Going back to that Royal steering wheel….I am hooked!
Car is exactly 5yrs old and I have decided to hang on to it rather than changing.
This gives me some loose change for goodies!
I would do the postal exchange option and use a local indie garage to do the work.
How easy is the drop and how long should it take to carry out? Is there anything I can say to reassure a “nervous” mechanic?

I can see why, it is a beauty of a wheel tbf, shouldn't be too difficult to swap them over, plenty of tutorials on youtube just don't forget to disconnect the battery  :grin:

Here's a good one for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRrvxZMhDZQ
« Last Edit: 05 March 2024, 13:09 by matthewh »
Current:
2019 VW Caddy 2.0 TDI

Gone:
2015 Ford Fiesta ST
2010 VW Polo GTI