Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785002 times)

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #13110 on: 20 September 2023, 14:10 »
Have added TCR lip spoiler to the Golf R

It’s an Ali Express one sourced via eBay but having driven TCR for three years I cannot tell difference, has a lovely gloss finish that matches cars black gloss trim and fits perfectly into the natural curve of cars spoiler

« Last Edit: 20 September 2023, 16:07 by Hertsman »
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #13111 on: 20 September 2023, 21:18 »

It’s an Ali Express one sourced via eBay but having driven TCR for three years I cannot tell difference, has a lovely gloss finish that matches cars black gloss trim and fits perfectly into the natural curve of cars spoiler

Yeah I have one too. It fits great nad looks great. If you look in certain light, you can see the moulding marks, but its not an issue for the cost...

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #13112 on: 20 September 2023, 21:41 »
Sworn at the stupidity of the sat nav. It's been an absolute pita the last couple of days taking us on ridiculous routes in particular today when it directed us along a single track lane then wanted us to drive through a farm ffs.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline ProtoCulture

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13113 on: 20 September 2023, 22:29 »

Ohhh that looks great, I bought a Maxton Designs one but sent it back as it just didn't sit properly when I offered it up and just felt a bit OTT.  Could you link to the listing please? Thanks.
2016 Tornado Red GTI PP, DSG, 19" Santiago's, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Park Assist & Camera.
Mods: Revo Stage 1 ECU & TCU remap. Racingline R600 with Inlet pipe, turbo elbow and muffler delete. Clubsport S backbox. Eibach lowering springs. VBT Hooked discs and Racingline RP700 pads.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #13114 on: 21 September 2023, 15:14 »

Ohhh that looks great, I bought a Maxton Designs one but sent it back as it just didn't sit properly when I offered it up and just felt a bit OTT.  Could you link to the listing please? Thanks.

Have a Maxton on my 128Ti which is the same as Maxton for the M135i and its the perfect complement as accentuates the rear spoiler angles of the 128Ti really well.

Also had Maxton on my MK 6 GTI and though that Maxton sat well on that also, but never considered Maxton for the MK 7, wanted something much more subtle and VW already had the answer in my previous TCR

However the OEM spoiler is in the £260 range, but having seen the Ali Express ones in person, I really could not tell the difference and was going to get one from Ali Express, but found a previous R owner on E Bay selling his for small money and so took a punt and its perfect as you can see.

This thread on VWROC point to an Ali Express one that someone has bought so hope this helps.

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/41533-tcr-style-roof-spoiler/
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Jace

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13115 on: 21 September 2023, 17:00 »
In that VWROC post the black R estate with Performance Pack lip is mine.

For the money you cant go wrong with them, & for me because the R estate in performance pack spec didn't include a rear lip spoiler like the hatches did/do its even better.

I'm actually thinking of changing it to a TCR shape one which has a little more kick to it over the PP, but still retains a nice subtle stealth look.

Just to say, be aware that the hatch top on the 3/5 door GTi/TCR/R/GTD/R-Line is actually deeper & has a different curve to the standard Golf & estates, so be aware when buying to choose the correct version for your car.

2018 Golf R 7.5 Estate > Full Revo stg2 set up

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #13116 on: 22 September 2023, 14:14 »
While on the phone to my local VW parts department about a set of front rubber mats for my son's 2016 Polo (guess what VW have already stopped making them - on a seven year old car!) I took the opportunity to ask whether 18" Prets were still available via the accessory catalogue - well it seems they are and more to the fact the set below I 'think' are a new addition - I'm sure they didn't do them in matte dark graphite before - I think they are new because the centre badge is of the new VW design.

On back order but seems they can still be ordered.

One thing in the blurb is that they are made of a 'Premium mix of aluminium, magnesium and silicon' which sounds interesting.

https://www.volkswagenpartsuk.co.uk/parts/18-pretoria-alloy-wheel-matt-dark-graphite/

Very very tempted.

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline bogwoppit

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13117 on: 22 September 2023, 14:27 »
VW had these on offer a few years ago, £1360 including tyres:

We've got a set on our Golf. They aren't as dark as that image above though

« Last Edit: 22 September 2023, 14:33 by bogwoppit »
BMW 128ti - current

Mk 7.5 GTI PP, indium grey, manual - gone

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #13118 on: 22 September 2023, 15:39 »
Good to know about the colour as I thought they could be an alternative to the gloss black - which seem to still be available but are £300 more.

The parts guy seem to think they still came with tyres although that's not mentioned anywhere in the accessory catalogue.

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #13119 on: 22 September 2023, 17:29 »
Good to know about the colour as I thought they could be an alternative to the gloss black - which seem to still be available but are £300 more.

The parts guy seem to think they still came with tyres although that's not mentioned anywhere in the accessory catalogue.

Likewise I thought they only came in silver or gloss black.

If they came with tyres that's a pretty good deal imo, circa £440 for a set of continentals on them.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/