Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785025 times)

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #13030 on: 18 July 2023, 10:37 »
We Connect (when it’s working) shows last journey data.
If you have a tracker fitted, that should do the same in more detail.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #13031 on: 18 July 2023, 13:43 »
I've been trying for three days to log into We Connect and it just keeps saying we've lived you out for security reasons, please login again. Just continually loops round like that.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #13032 on: 18 July 2023, 13:44 »
Was yesterday but took my TCR in for its 3rd service, half price mot, free brake fluid change and front diff oil change. Currently waiting for a call back from the service manager to explain why they have disconnected my dashcam!

VW dealers? Mine was always unplugged when I got the car back as well. Probably so you don't have video evidence of them ragging it round the local estate.
first time this dealer has done it. Will be the last time though.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #13033 on: 18 July 2023, 13:46 »
Was yesterday but took my TCR in for its 3rd service, half price mot, free brake fluid change and front diff oil change. Currently waiting for a call back from the service manager to explain why they have disconnected my dashcam!

VW dealers? Mine was always unplugged when I got the car back as well. Probably so you don't have video evidence of them ragging it round the local estate.

The politically correct reason for them unplugging a dash cam is that there’s probably something in Data Protection Legislation (or similar legislation) that gives them the right to unplug it to ‘protect the privacy of their employees’.

The real reason is more likely as - you’ve said - to ensure there’s no video evidence of the workshop techs ragging a customer’s car, or abusing it in some other way.
yeah I agree. Still no phone call from them either.

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #13034 on: 18 July 2023, 14:47 »
We Connect was looping this morning but I've just tried it on the app and it now seems to connect ok.

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #13035 on: 18 July 2023, 14:58 »
We Connect was looping this morning but I've just tried it on the app and it now seems to connect ok.
it's now back working. Both my guide and inform and security run out in 4 days. Not really sure if it's worth paying 55 quid to renew the security one although I do like the fact I can check if it's locked. Without the guide and inform package does it mean I won't be able to see live traffic when I connect my phone?

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #13036 on: 18 July 2023, 15:11 »
Wouldn't be so bad if it was for three years like when new... but £55 + the other one for just a year is a bit rich... can't see it costing them that much to run.
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #13037 on: 18 July 2023, 16:15 »
I've been trying for three days to log into We Connect and it just keeps saying we've lived you out for security reasons, please login again. Just continually loops round like that.

In fairness, it can be a bit crap.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #13038 on: 18 July 2023, 16:33 »

Does anyone know a Hunter wheel alignment place near/in Cambridge? Thanks.
Does it need to be Hunter? Just curious as to why Hunter?

Just because I've heard good things about them so assumed them to be the gold standard. Am I incorrect?
Hunter supports individual wheel alignment which is important and many systems just support a total value for both front or rear wheels and whilst the total Toe value for both back wheels for example can be within specification, the Toe value by individual wheel can be way off affecting handling.

Does anyone know a Hunter wheel alignment place near/in Cambridge? Thanks.
Does it need to be Hunter? Just curious as to why Hunter?

Just because I've heard good things about them so assumed them to be the gold standard. Am I incorrect?

Hunter is the de facto system for full sized 4WD cars so must be good as correct alignment in one of those is critical to more than just tyre wear and handling, can damage diffs and transfer boxes.

Thanks for the info, I incorrectly assumed they would all be similar!

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #13039 on: 18 July 2023, 18:48 »
Replaced my petrol cap surround as after 2 years and numerous products from APC to a bit of light acid, I admitted defeat to the dirt that was imbedded into the surround. I believe it was just dried petrol though.

« Last Edit: 18 July 2023, 18:51 by willni »
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/