Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784996 times)

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12920 on: 27 April 2023, 15:13 »
I see the price of PS5s have started to creep-up on BC - for the 18" they now seem to be close to £140 when they started off around £131 a few months ago.
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline GTIreland

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12921 on: 02 May 2023, 11:32 »
Definitely very tempting to run year round, the PS5's are superb compared to the 4S so much more comfortable, can't wait until they're broken in to fully try them out, always with the 235 makes it look a little lower by filling the arches.

Can't fairly comment, Pilot Sport 5's 235/35R19 on a 8.5J wide rim, Pilot Sport 4S's 225/35R19 on Brescias a 7.5J rim. Personally I found the 4S more comfortable with better grip, but I do acknowledge that its not a fair comparison.

So confused, which one is it then?
2016 Mk7 GTI PP CSG Manual

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12922 on: 02 May 2023, 18:45 »
Definitely very tempting to run year round, the PS5's are superb compared to the 4S so much more comfortable, can't wait until they're broken in to fully try them out, always with the 235 makes it look a little lower by filling the arches.

Can't fairly comment, Pilot Sport 5's 235/35R19 on a 8.5J wide rim, Pilot Sport 4S's 225/35R19 on Brescias a 7.5J rim. Personally I found the 4S more comfortable with better grip, but I do acknowledge that its not a fair comparison.

Different temperatures, different alloys, different roads, different air pressures. Comfort is subjective, I personally prefer the 4S less bounce on rough roads and the PS5 for motorways.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline dfm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12923 on: 02 May 2023, 22:58 »
Today I've been researching why car has stopped maintaining oil temperature 😭. The joy of running an out of warranty car. Could be time to purchase a obd reader.

Offline GTIreland

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12924 on: 03 May 2023, 21:13 »

Different temperatures, different alloys, different roads, different air pressures. Comfort is subjective, I personally prefer the 4S less bounce on rough roads and the PS5 for motorways.

Thanks!
2016 Mk7 GTI PP CSG Manual

Offline Vw80

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12925 on: 03 May 2023, 21:49 »
Oponeo has anyone bought tyres online from these? last sets bought off eiretyres but not competitive this time.
Gti PP 2016 tornado red Dsg

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12926 on: 04 May 2023, 09:54 »
Oponeo has anyone bought tyres online from these? last sets bought off eiretyres but not competitive this time.

Yep I have, it’s a Polish company so shipping usually takes 1-2 weeks but good dates on the tyres usually.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline CarbonGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12927 on: 04 May 2023, 10:37 »
I will need to swap out the current PS4S's on the front of mine (Brescias on Mk 7.5 GTI PP) in a month or so - they have been (unsurprisingly) very impressive indeed, and I was planning to simply get another pair - however, has anyone here had any experience of the new Continental SportContact 7 yet (or too soon)?  Sounds like they are getting rave reviews?  Should I consider instead of PS4S?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #12928 on: 04 May 2023, 14:24 »
I will need to swap out the current PS4S's on the front of mine (Brescias on Mk 7.5 GTI PP) in a month or so - they have been (unsurprisingly) very impressive indeed, and I was planning to simply get another pair - however, has anyone here had any experience of the new Continental SportContact 7 yet (or too soon)?  Sounds like they are getting rave reviews?  Should I consider instead of PS4S?
if you go on tyrereviews website you can search for them by size and then you can see all the tests that they've won from different organisations. I'm tempted to go for them in 18" for my TCR.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12929 on: 04 May 2023, 17:42 »

Should bare in mind the P5S is currently replacing the P4S and should be made available soon. So although the SC7 get compared to the PS4S they’re different generations. Just something to bare in mind if you can hold off for a while.

That being said I didn’t particularly like the side wall design on the continentals, which is why i went michelin again.