Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785034 times)

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12860 on: 27 March 2023, 19:55 »
https://www.michelin.co.uk/auto/tyres/michelin-pilot-sport-s-5#sizes

Back to the dealer today with the GTi, after spending some time on it on last two Sunday’s, wasn’t happy with the standard for the paint done by them on the bonnet and wings, which they had supposedly painted. But without flatting out the chips. More a touch up and buff job. Donnie it’s going into the Bodyshop for whole bonnet and wing to be finished properly. At their cost. Result.  :cool:

Also that's a great result JC, wonder if they'll buff the entire car for the trouble.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12861 on: 30 March 2023, 15:20 »
Yesterday I paid off the balance on my service plan and it seems I've saved £80 by paying early. Not sure why but I'm not arguing. Handy too as today I signed up for the All in One deal and they have changed the booking I had for my forthcoming MoT test to being covered by the new plan. So I've saved £135 which is 4.5 monthly payments of the new plan, great!

Also tried the soundaktor in Sport, not as bad as I thought but it'll go back on Eco next drive.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #12862 on: 30 March 2023, 18:45 »
4 Michelin PS5’s fitted yesterday, drop in noise remarkable with no castellation noises. Also Michelin are offering a retrospective cash back if I show my receipt, sorted on the web last night and £50 on its way. I guess lack of new car stock means everyone is trying to shift what they have.

MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline jc_tattooer_

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12863 on: 31 March 2023, 13:08 »
https://www.michelin.co.uk/auto/tyres/michelin-pilot-sport-s-5#sizes

Back to the dealer today with the GTi, after spending some time on it on last two Sunday’s, wasn’t happy with the standard for the paint done by them on the bonnet and wings, which they had supposedly painted. But without flatting out the chips. More a touch up and buff job. Donnie it’s going into the Bodyshop for whole bonnet and wing to be finished properly. At their cost. Result.  :cool:

Also that's a great result JC, wonder if they'll buff the entire car for the trouble.

You’d like to think so, but to be fair I’d sooner do it myself…. But great news they’re gonna do it properly this time, however means I’m gonna be in a boring courtesy car for a week or two….

‘18 Mk7.5 GTi DSG deep black pearl

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12864 on: 31 March 2023, 14:04 »

You’d like to think so, but to be fair I’d sooner do it myself…. But great news they’re gonna do it properly this time, however means I’m gonna be in a boring courtesy car for a week or two….

Would be a great time to consider paint protection film to protect from stone chips, but it's not a nice thing to pay for after buying a car.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #12865 on: 01 April 2023, 16:57 »
2 and a bit hours wash and waxed. New PS5 tyres are such a massive difference over the previous Potenza / Turanza.

MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #12866 on: 03 April 2023, 09:57 »
2 and a bit hours wash and waxed. New PS5 tyres are such a massive difference over the previous Potenza / Turanza.

Amazing the difference a set of michelins make to a GTi really how they should be!!👍
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #12867 on: 03 April 2023, 10:20 »

Looks good :cool:. You must be a fast worker! :grin: It took me 3 hours just to wash my car yesterday and that’s the norm for me :smiley:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #12868 on: 03 April 2023, 10:40 »

Looks good :cool:. You must be a fast worker! :grin: It took me 3 hours just to wash my car yesterday and that’s the norm for me :smiley:.

Cheers - I’ve honed my time down over the years to stop the missus moaning at me. Power wash, foam, Power wash, wash the wheels, shampoo the car, power wash, dry, wax👍

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12869 on: 03 April 2023, 18:53 »
Tyre rotation, about 1 year /5000 mi into the Goodyear Asy5.

mk7.5 non-PP, Indium Grey, manual

TCR backbox
Bola B16 19" in crystal sylver
DTUK pedalbox+