Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785029 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12750 on: 02 February 2023, 19:32 »
I'm the opposite tilt all year round rear snow or hail, rarely fully, mostly because a bird got my back seats before...

That is my fear but so far so good...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #12751 on: 02 February 2023, 20:37 »
Today I had the sunroof open for the first time this year! 11C, seemed rude not to.

I'll have the sunroof open all the time! Something lovely about a motorway drive on a winter night, heated seat on, sunroof open, music low. AC off, obviously

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #12752 on: 03 February 2023, 10:11 »
Replaced the plastic top on spare my key fob with a gti chrome top. Not sure if both should have had the chrome top from new?

Wonder if that means one is lost or 'floating' about somewhere? Bit worrying although had the car over 2 years and no incidents.

I think your safe from someone carrying around a random car key trying to unlock every 2013-2020 GTI they walk past on the odd chance they get a packet of half eaten sweets  :grin:
Welcome to the Jakemans that my OH keeps leaving in the car!  :laugh:
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12753 on: 03 February 2023, 19:04 »
Replaced the plastic top on spare my key fob with a gti chrome top. Not sure if both should have had the chrome top from new?

Wonder if that means one is lost or 'floating' about somewhere? Bit worrying although had the car over 2 years and no incidents.

I think your safe from someone carrying around a random car key trying to unlock every 2013-2020 GTI they walk past on the odd chance they get a packet of half eaten sweets  :grin:
Welcome to the Jakemans that my OH keeps leaving in the car!  :laugh:

If it helps my friend was working in an accountants and the car park was usually full and they had to leave their cars parked on the road, as the scum bags went past once every few months and keyed all the cars...his mk7 Gti was hit twice and his astra once...
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12754 on: 04 February 2023, 19:58 »
Took it to over 30k miles today. Although I still don't always get on with the dsg and I do have the 'third year itch', this really is an extremely competent car with a great engine. Plenty of go, decent comfort (excepting the monumental crash if you hit a bump/pothole) and all the practicalities of any Golf. I think regularly of replacing it due to the aforementioned itch yet there really is little out there that would be worth replacing it for. It was a difficult decision for me getting this given how happy I was with my MK7PP but it worked out well!

Now all I have to do is find some time to wash it...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12755 on: 04 February 2023, 20:18 »
Took it to over 30k miles today. Although I still don't always get on with the dsg and I do have the 'third year itch', this really is an extremely competent car with a great engine. Plenty of go, decent comfort (excepting the monumental crash if you hit a bump/pothole) and all the practicalities of any Golf. I think regularly of replacing it due to the aforementioned itch yet there really is little out there that would be worth replacing it for. It was a difficult decision for me getting this given how happy I was with my MK7PP but it worked out well!

Now all I have to do is find some time to wash it...

Take the Refinitz off and put on a set of 18" Belvederes, I'm loving the 18" lifestyle currently so much I'd considering just keeping them on all year round.

I have washed mine and a few other cars today but I wouldn't bully you with those photos :wink:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12756 on: 04 February 2023, 21:17 »
Take the Refinitz off and put on a set of 18" Belvederes, I'm loving the 18" lifestyle currently so much I'd considering just keeping them on all year round.

I have washed mine and a few other cars today but I wouldn't bully you with those photos :wink:

Good advice but having just bought a full set of PS4S, I'm going to stick! That and I like the Reifnitz.

I appreciate your consideration of my feelings! :grin: Mines going to need digging out prior to a wash....
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #12757 on: 05 February 2023, 15:41 »
Finally a reasonable weather day today so have it a decent clean and wax. Sadly after over 4 years of parking incredibly carefully I noticed a tiny scrape on the near side front alloy with a tiny bit of white worm. Right on the edge of the rim so sanded it back and put a couple of coats of lacquer on it, looks ok but guess I’m just delaying the inevitable☹️
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12758 on: 05 February 2023, 16:14 »
Finally a reasonable weather day today so have it a decent clean and wax. Sadly after over 4 years of parking incredibly carefully I noticed a tiny scrape on the near side front alloy with a tiny bit of white worm. Right on the edge of the rim so sanded it back and put a couple of coats of lacquer on it, looks ok but guess I’m just delaying the inevitable☹️

At 4 years and that's your first bit of white worm, I'd chalk that down as a win mate!

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12759 on: 05 February 2023, 16:16 »
I won't show the exterior clean of mine out of respect to @Watts but I gave the saggy leather & interior of mine a clean today, as the smudge-ridden radio was doing my head in.