Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785065 times)

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12670 on: 01 January 2023, 09:31 »
Mine has been parked up in the garage all clean and shiny for the last week after I washed it and put it away last Friday.

I think that’s the longest I haven’t driven it- except when away on holiday.

One of the nice things about owning more than one vehicle, is that each one has a purpose, and you can rotate usage.

So I’ve been using the 205, the motorbike and the family bus, and just enjoying the look of the golf for the last week.

Next week back to work and school, and the golf comes out of hibernation.

With the exception of driving the family bus, I'm sure it's a nice jump back into the golf after the 205 & motorbike to make you appreciate the now common luxuries a modern car has.

I like to pop an air freshener in the car if I know I'm leaving it in the garage for a few days, adds to the fresh factor  :grin:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #12671 on: 01 January 2023, 10:49 »
Mine has been parked up in the garage all clean and shiny for the last week after I washed it and put it away last Friday.

I think that’s the longest I haven’t driven it- except when away on holiday.

One of the nice things about owning more than one vehicle, is that each one has a purpose, and you can rotate usage.

So I’ve been using the 205, the motorbike and the family bus, and just enjoying the look of the golf for the last week.

Next week back to work and school, and the golf comes out of hibernation.

With the exception of driving the family bus, I'm sure it's a nice jump back into the golf after the 205 & motorbike to make you appreciate the now common luxuries a modern car has.

I like to pop an air freshener in the car if I know I'm leaving it in the garage for a few days, adds to the fresh factor  :grin:

Oh, I’m very much looking forward to driving the golf again- so much to appreciate and enjoy in that car.
There are some roads- or sections of roads- that I prefer to drive in the golf than either the 205 or the bike.
It may not have a charismatic engine but the chassis and the accuracy of the steering make it a joy to drive on the faster twisty A roads.
And i can listen to absolute 80s on the way to work!
Last few years I’ve enjoyed a horses for courses approach to motoring.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #12672 on: 01 January 2023, 14:03 »
Changed the diverter valve, seems to be better with boost

MK7 GTi

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12673 on: 03 January 2023, 15:29 »
I ordered the TCR Rear Spoiler today for my car and I can confirm the mk8 golf Rubber mats fit perfectly into the mk7, and look much nicer than the mk7 triangle mats, they are not for my car however.

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #12674 on: 03 January 2023, 16:15 »
I like the idea of rubber mats and will probably get some, but I hate that "GOLF" script.  :sick:

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12675 on: 03 January 2023, 18:08 »
I like the idea of rubber mats and will probably get some, but I hate that "GOLF" script.  :sick:

I didn't like it that much either, but it's probably one of those things you notice it for the first week then forget about. Although it is the perfect shade for a white silver car

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #12676 on: 03 January 2023, 18:19 »
Always amuses me that a Golf badge doesn’t appear on a GTI.
Also interesting that the mats from a MK8 are a perfect fit for a MK7? Another indication that under the skin and without the suspect software and infotainment interface they are not hugely different?
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #12677 on: 03 January 2023, 19:20 »
Always amuses me that a Golf badge doesn’t appear on a GTI.
Also interesting that the mats from a MK8 are a perfect fit for a MK7? Another indication that under the skin and without the suspect software and infotainment interface they are not hugely different?

The Polo badge doesn’t appear on the Polo GTI / GTI+ either, so VW probably did this to help create a separate ‘GTI’ identity and sub-brand.

On the mk8 GTI, there is one Golf ‘badge’ (not really a badge per se, as it’s the word ‘Golf’ impressed into a plastic trim piece). It’s on the panel in front of the wireless charging pad and phone cover in the front section of the centre console.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline JB73

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12678 on: 03 January 2023, 19:40 »
I took the plunge and ordered the Mountune stage 1 remap which is supposed to be kind to the clutch on manual cars

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #12679 on: 04 January 2023, 18:00 »
I took the plunge and ordered the Mountune stage 1 remap which is supposed to be kind to the clutch on manual cars

Interested to hear how you get on with it.

Any reason you chose Mountune over Revo, Abt, Racingline etc..?