Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785031 times)

Offline sjw

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12630 on: 12 December 2022, 15:55 »
Nearly slid it straight into a neighbour's iron fence as I pulled out of the driveway and went straight on at the very first right hander  :laugh:

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #12631 on: 14 December 2022, 19:41 »
Fitted Eibach Pro Kit springs and 15/20mm spacers to the front/rear

Looks great - let's see some full car shots!

Coming up for two weeks on, it's settling nicely. Perfect height for these in my opinion. A couple of times I've walked back to the car and the stance has really caught my eye without deliberately looking for it.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12632 on: 14 December 2022, 20:43 »
Coming up for two weeks on, it's settling nicely. Perfect height for these in my opinion. A couple of times I've walked back to the car and the stance has really caught my eye without deliberately looking for it.

A set of gloss black mirror cars to set off the white and you're done!  :wink:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #12633 on: 15 December 2022, 10:05 »

A set of gloss black mirror cars to set off the white and you're done!  :wink:

I've been eyeing some of those up! So if there are any generous forum posters, with xmas coming up...

Offline AHAgolf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12634 on: 16 December 2022, 12:48 »
Changed the bulbs in the cornering lights. It’s always bothered me that the cornering lights are much more yellow than the headlights as they are standard H7 bulbs. I found some 5500K xenon gas halogen H7’s on Amazon and they are almost an exact match colour wise to the headlights. Much better!

First pic is with cornering lights on, second is off. It was dark but my phone has an infuriatingly good night mode!

The yellow glare when cornering niggled too so I OBD'd the foglight to come on as well.

That’s a great idea. I still haven’t got around to buying an OBD scanner/reader to do my rear brakes. What one would you recommend ?

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #12635 on: 16 December 2022, 16:26 »
I used OBDEleven to code the fogs to come on with the cornering lights, there is no App for it so you have to code it like you would with VCDS. I do not have Carista and not sure if that can code them the same.

I also used Canbus friendly slim fit H7 LED's for the cornering lights about 8 years ago ad still going strong.

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #12636 on: 21 December 2022, 15:47 »
Discovered a suspected water pump leak  :sad:

Coolant light came on yesterday. Level is very low. Suspect looking deposits on driveway. Not good.

Car is luckily booked in for a service tomorrow at my local indie, so they're going to take a look. I was going to get Revo work done (Stage one and DSG map) but looks like that will now have to wait :sad: They won't be able to get it booked in until Jan.

What sort of cost am I looking at for a potential fix, and what is it that I'll need doing?

Online karlos

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12637 on: 21 December 2022, 18:31 »

Coolant light came on yesterday. Level is very low. Suspect looking deposits on driveway. Not good.

Car is luckily booked in for a service tomorrow at my local indie, so they're going to take a look. I was going to get Revo work done (Stage one and DSG map) but looks like that will now have to wait :sad: They won't be able to get it booked in until Jan.

What sort of cost am I looking at for a potential fix, and what is it that I'll need doing?

not experienced it myself but I heard around £750 is a reasonable cost, and if you get an indie to source and fit the pump make sure it's the latest revision as they've redesigned it several times over the years.
2017 (67) GTI PP DSG. Tungsten Silver with DCC, Art Velours, Dynaudio, Climate Screen, Tints, Keyless, Rear Camera, Lane Assist, Seville wheels.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12638 on: 21 December 2022, 19:00 »
Gave it a quick once over as the car was caked, also I introduce my method of cleaning the rubber mats. There is also a game of spot the dog in the photo  :smiley:

The chrome is peeling off my rear Gti badge so I'm tempted to swap it out for one with either a black/red or black/silver emblem, don't feel it's worth arguing over with VW.

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12639 on: 21 December 2022, 20:06 »

My coolant came on the other day, I topped it up but haven't had a chance to check the level since but no warnings so far. I'm hoping it's just the system bleeding itself after it lost a lot of coolant last year after I drove off without the cap on.....
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.