Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785075 times)

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12520 on: 10 October 2022, 08:34 »
My BIL was desperate to get a GTI but my sister talked him out of it😳
A tree then fell on his Qashqui which made him look for something similar so he bought a Tiguan.
He has had absolutely no issues with it apart from kerbing his n/s alloy on the kerb outside my house day after picking it up☹️
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #12521 on: 10 October 2022, 08:44 »
ouch !!! I've gone with the area view cameras on the Tiguan for that very reason - so I can see the kerbs when parking !
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #12522 on: 10 October 2022, 10:34 »
That looks great Sootchucker! Good to hear that you will continue to contribute :smiley:

Agree - it looks really nice :cool:. I love the colour.

I think VW did a much better job with the front end styling of the current Tiguan than they did with the mk8 Golf. The Tiguan is a very good looking car but IMHO the mk8 Golf is just plain butt ugly even though both cars share the same / similar styling cues (apologies to mk8 owners - it’s just my opinion and we don’t all like the same things :whistle:).

Look forward to seeing pictures when you’ve taken delivery.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #12523 on: 10 October 2022, 10:49 »
The only thing that pi55ed me off a little bit with the Tiguan (and the reason why I very nearly discounted it), was that on the pre-facelift models (so 2020 and earlier), the run out R-Lines came with Pano Sunroof, Area view cameras, powered tailgate etc all as standard, whereas on the current facelift model they are all back on the options list.

If it hadn't of been for the crazy discount offered last year by Drive the deal and the VW finance contribution (amounting to nearly £8500 off the list price), I probably wouldn't' have gone for it. As the discount was so hefty (although not that you could get that today), I went a bit mad with the options. So, when the car arrives it (should) have:

Pano Roof, Keyless with Powered Tailgate, Area View Cameras, Heads Up display, Adaptive chassis Control, IQ Lights front and rear (so fully adaptive like the GTI), Wireless Charging, Harmon Karden HI-Fi, Heated Windscreen, Discover Nav Pro, spare wheel with variable boot floor (yes this is an option as well), Winter pack with heated rear seats and electronic tyre pressure monitoring.

I was like you over the MK8, never hated it par-se but it never set my world alight like the MK7 (and especially the MK7.5) did. Although I do have to say, one of my neighbours recently sold his Range Rover and now has a brand new MK8 Golf R in Lapis, with the 19" Estoril alloys and a raft of options including Leather, Pano Roof, Heads up etc. and it does look absolutely gorgeous. Trouble is he said it listed at over £50k and he still paid £48k for it - for a Golf !!!
« Last Edit: 10 October 2022, 10:51 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12524 on: 10 October 2022, 10:58 »
Did your neighbour's MK8 also come with the multitude of software faults that VW now include for free?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #12525 on: 10 October 2022, 16:41 »
Forgot to say, nearer the time, I'll have some bits off the GTI for sale, i.e. Front lower engine cover, pair of underseat drawers & the rear suspension wishbone aerodynamic covers / protectors.

May be interested in the engine cover and wishbone aero depending on price.  :wink:
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #12526 on: 11 October 2022, 12:39 »

Anyway, after looking at  nearly 10 different brands, I settled back into what I know, so it had to be a Tiguan. TBH I’d been considering one for a few years now. Wanting a last bash in an ICE car before we are all forced to drive milk floats, so it’s a 2.0l petrol R-Line 4 motion in Nightshade blue metallic, but as is the case with all my cards, it’s optioned to the hilt  ;D ;D

I like a Tig. We had a Mk1 R-Line Edition and replaced it last year with a TDI 200 Elegance in Kings Red. It was a car from stock so got a really good deal before prices went silly. Luckily the only options were the paint and tow bar, which just snuck it under the list price of £40k bar.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12527 on: 12 October 2022, 14:34 »
Got a new OEM heated windscreen put in by Autoglass. Got hit by a stone/rock if you're wondering.

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #12528 on: 12 October 2022, 17:31 »
Got a new OEM heated windscreen put in by Autoglass. Got hit by a stone/rock if you're wondering.

Hi Will, what was the lead time please, as I need to get mine replaced in the next few weeks?
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12529 on: 12 October 2022, 17:34 »

Hi Will, what was the lead time please, as I need to get mine replaced in the next few weeks?

I think it was 2 weeks, strangely I was also the 2nd mk7 heated windscreen that the fitter had done in the same day who said it's a very rare option.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/