Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785019 times)

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12490 on: 01 October 2022, 13:11 »
After ignoring the paintwork for 3 weeks and the inside for 2 months I finally got round to tidying it up, mostly because I had to remove my exhaust tips to get new ones under warranty (aftermarket).

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #12491 on: 01 October 2022, 13:58 »
After ignoring the paintwork for 3 weeks and the inside for 2 months I finally got round to tidying it up, mostly because I had to remove my exhaust tips to get new ones under warranty (aftermarket).

I was hoping to see some ‘before’ pictures :smiley:; I don’t think I’ve ever seen your car looking anything other than incredibly clean inside and out.

Dirty car pictures next time please! :grin:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #12492 on: 01 October 2022, 17:58 »
I like the centre caps.  :cool:
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12493 on: 01 October 2022, 19:54 »

I was hoping to see some ‘before’ pictures :smiley:; I don’t think I’ve ever seen your car looking anything other than incredibly clean inside and out.

Well if it helps I hadn't washed it for 4 weeks and a family walked past it and said "look how clean that golf is", while I was sitting it with the sunroof open... Missing the good weather already  :cry:

It's actually got a few light swirls at the minute which are taking all my patience to not repolish and receramic coat it  :shocked: but can wait for another year...or so I say  :whistle:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #12494 on: 01 October 2022, 21:47 »

Well if it helps I hadn't washed it for 4 weeks and a family walked past it and said "look how clean that golf is", while I was sitting it with the sunroof open... Missing the good weather already  :cry:

It's actually got a few light swirls at the minute which are taking all my patience to not repolish and receramic coat it  :shocked: but can wait for another year...or so I say  :whistle:

It’s funny how one person’s clean is another person’s dirty :grin:.

My car also has some light swirling but being white, I’m probably the only person who notifies the swirls. I was toying with getting my DA out a few weeks ago and giving mine a polish but it’ll have to wait until the springtime now.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #12495 on: 02 October 2022, 18:40 »
My car also has some light swirling but being white, I’m probably the only person who notifies the swirls. I was toying with getting my DA out a few weeks ago and giving mine a polish but it’ll have to wait until the springtime now.

MIne has light swirling too, but you really need to look closely to see them. I did go over it with my DA a few months back but only used AG SRP, so its effect was minimal. It can wait until spring and ill go over it again with Megs Ultimate.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12496 on: 02 October 2022, 19:12 »
Fairly sure mine will have swirls but it's so long since it's been washed I can't tell....

Should've had a pre-winter thorough clean and wax last week but time got away from me and nothing done at all. Getting to the point where I may have to consider getting a pro in.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #12497 on: 03 October 2022, 09:35 »
Drove from Sunderland to Loch Lomond on Saturday and then Loch Lomond to Portree on Skye yesterday. 41mpg from a TCR with a fair few spirited over takings 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline symonh2000

• Here all the time
« Reply #12498 on: 08 October 2022, 12:51 »
I have just removed this blighter from the expansion tank.

It was in really good condition to be fair, but if it isn't there it cannot cause any problems...

Golf GTI 7 PP
BMW M140i

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #12499 on: 08 October 2022, 15:15 »
Took my cherished plate off the GTI……….
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras