Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline clubsport

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12460 on: 10 September 2022, 17:44 »
The numbered plaque looks good, I thought there was some confusion on the number of UK ED 40 cars actually sold. Is it definitively 1000 UK cars?

I reall there being over 2K Ed30 sold when we were told the target number was likely to be 1500?
Back in July 2017, jjgreenwood, forum member and sales manager at Inchape, contacted VWUK and they confirmed 570 were imported.  4th post down on this link: https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=280173.150

Thanks for the clarification. When you break that down into 3/5 door and manual/Dsg configurations, they are quite a rare car? :)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12461 on: 11 September 2022, 18:52 »
Cheers Watts, I think I’m going to need some soon so I’ll take a look at the Goodyears - did they replace the Potenzas as the stock tyres when the TCR came out?

Edit - sorry I thought you were replacing like for like but I’ve read it properly now… I’d still be keen to hear how you get on with them though

Will do, they should be getting fitted tomorrow morning then I head off to visit family in Norfolk for a couple of days so should get an idea of motorway, A and B road behaviours.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12462 on: 12 September 2022, 10:26 »
I've changed my mind on tyres and have ordered PS4S instead. Got a great deal on Blackcircles and I really wanted those for the superb grip, comfort and the sidewall protection which can save the odd alloy graze.... They'll be fitted on Thursday.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #12463 on: 12 September 2022, 12:59 »
I've changed my mind on tyres and have ordered PS4S instead. Got a great deal on Blackcircles and I really wanted those for the superb grip, comfort and the sidewall protection which can save the odd alloy graze.... They'll be fitted on Thursday.

Can't go wrong with PS4S!
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #12464 on: 12 September 2022, 13:05 »
I ordered a D-Dock this morning (essentially a tailormade phone dock for the compartment in front of the gear stick) after an email update overnight to say the right hand drive versions were back in stock. I think it will be a while before it arrives from the US but I'll update when it's fitted.
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #12465 on: 12 September 2022, 16:49 »
I ordered a D-Dock this morning (essentially a tailormade phone dock for the compartment in front of the gear stick) after an email update overnight to say the right hand drive versions were back in stock. I think it will be a while before it arrives from the US but I'll update when it's fitted.

Love that, but the price is very off putting.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12466 on: 12 September 2022, 16:55 »

Can't go wrong with PS4S!

Exactly what I thought!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #12467 on: 12 September 2022, 17:38 »

Love that, but the price is very off putting.

Yeah they're not cheap are they (plus it was another $25 for postage and I suspect I'll get hit for duty too). I have read very good things though so I really hope it's worth it!
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #12468 on: 13 September 2022, 08:40 »
Just looked at the D Dock fitting video - once fitted, how do you manage changing the fitting assuming you get a different sized phone?
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #12469 on: 13 September 2022, 09:03 »
Just looked at the D Dock fitting video - once fitted, how do you manage changing the fitting assuming you get a different sized phone?

I thought the same Adam T7 as I like to change my phone pretty regularly. From what I have read, a lot of people aren't using the fixing tape (or are using velcro as an alternative) so that it's easier to take out and change the width if needed. I thought I would start off without anything and see if it stays put when taking the phone in and out.
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190