Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785008 times)

Offline bogwoppit

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12380 on: 28 July 2022, 13:14 »
Got a clubsport backbox fitted to my 7.5. The exhaust shop had to do some modifications to the piping in order to make it fit but I definitely recommend it! I have a resonator delete on mine too. (Engine was warm and at normal operating temp in the vid.

https://streamable.com/8kxx53

That does sound good

Daft question no doubt, but how come your car revs so high unloaded? I'm sure mine has a soft limiter at 3k ish rpm.
BMW 128ti - current

Mk 7.5 GTI PP, indium grey, manual - gone

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #12381 on: 28 July 2022, 16:02 »
Car got hit on the way to work this morning  >:( >:(

Basically two lanes approaching a set of lights. The Right hand lane is a dedicated right hand turn only, the left lane for straight through. Followed an 07 plate Toyota Yaris towards the lights which were on green at the time. The Yaris moved into the right lane to turn right and I carried on in the left hand lane. I'd almost overtaken them when they decided they were in the wrong lane and pulled the car over to my lane without looking, where the car still was, and bang, they hit my rear offside.

Furious at the time as it was such a dick move, but when the driver got out, it was a little old lady, visibly shocked and upset, and apologising saying it was all her fault, she was running late and wasn't paying enough attention. TBH my anger completely dissipated when i saw her. I asked if she was OK and not injured (which nether of us were as it was pretty low speed - 20mph ish), and I actually ended up feeling sorry for her.

Luckily (if you can call it lucky), she just scraped my nearside rear wheel (making a bit of a mess of the previously mint diamond cut finish) and scraping the paint off the rear edge of the bumper. thankfully she missed the metal bodywork so the rear arch etc has escaped untouched. That's 2 accidents now exactly 5 years apart where I've been the innocent party. Bet my insurance goes up (even though it's a protected NCB), and wasn't my fault, as the insurers will use any excuse to put your premiums up. 

Well my mint GTI s current not mint anymore (at least not at the moment). I know it's not the end of the world and it could have been much worse, and I guess the damage is pretty minimal to be honest and at least the car is still driveable.

You can still still the blue paint from the Yaris on the images below

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #12382 on: 28 July 2022, 16:16 »
You must be annoyed that's happened, but as you say, if it had damaged the rear quarter then you would of been really annoyed.

It'll be back to its best in no time.  :smiley:
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline TwoSheds

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12383 on: 28 July 2022, 16:33 »

Clearly she was upset from what you said and didn’t need some hothead going off after the event that might have happened with some other drivers.

Its inconvenient sorting it out & as you say insurance will get their £££ in the end despite no fault & protected NCB

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12384 on: 28 July 2022, 18:07 »
Sorry to hear that Sootchucker. Doesn't sound like it'll be a difficult insurance claim though and once sorted it'll soon be forgotten :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline zainahmed48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12385 on: 28 July 2022, 23:59 »
Sounds good, that. Nice one

That does sound good

Daft question no doubt, but how come your car revs so high unloaded? I'm sure mine has a soft limiter at 3k ish rpm.

Cheers lads!

and @bogwoppit my car is stage 1 and I have had the soft limiter mapped out

When I was stock I had the soft limiter too but if I turned my traction off it would rev past it so perhaps try that
2018 Indium Grey MK7.5 GTi (Manual), 19" Brescia

Offline zainahmed48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12386 on: 29 July 2022, 00:01 »
Car got hit on the way to work this morning  >:( >:(

Basically two lanes approaching a set of lights. The Right hand lane is a dedicated right hand turn only, the left lane for straight through. Followed an 07 plate Toyota Yaris towards the lights which were on green at the time. The Yaris moved into the right lane to turn right and I carried on in the left hand lane. I'd almost overtaken them when they decided they were in the wrong lane and pulled the car over to my lane without looking, where the car still was, and bang, they hit my rear offside.

Furious at the time as it was such a dick move, but when the driver got out, it was a little old lady, visibly shocked and upset, and apologising saying it was all her fault, she was running late and wasn't paying enough attention. TBH my anger completely dissipated when i saw her. I asked if she was OK and not injured (which nether of us were as it was pretty low speed - 20mph ish), and I actually ended up feeling sorry for her.

Luckily (if you can call it lucky), she just scraped my nearside rear wheel (making a bit of a mess of the previously mint diamond cut finish) and scraping the paint off the rear edge of the bumper. thankfully she missed the metal bodywork so the rear arch etc has escaped untouched. That's 2 accidents now exactly 5 years apart where I've been the innocent party. Bet my insurance goes up (even though it's a protected NCB), and wasn't my fault, as the insurers will use any excuse to put your premiums up. 

Well my mint GTI s current not mint anymore (at least not at the moment). I know it's not the end of the world and it could have been much worse, and I guess the damage is pretty minimal to be honest and at least the car is still driveable.

You can still still the blue paint from the Yaris on the images below

Sorry to hear that Sootchucker, I'm glad it was minor and you're okay which is the main thing. Thankfully it is not too bad (although still not good!).

I'm sure your GTI will be mint again soon enough !
2018 Indium Grey MK7.5 GTi (Manual), 19" Brescia

Offline marley

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12387 on: 04 August 2022, 15:31 »
Well "I" didnt do it myself!

Today though, a drive up to Birmingham, came home with a hi line reverse camera fitted, also I now have a "boot pop up lid"! fitted too.

Nice day for a drive, not much traffic too, bonus!

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #12388 on: 04 August 2022, 16:55 »

Today though, a drive up to Birmingham, came home with a hi line reverse camera fitted, also I now have a "boot pop up lid"! fitted too.

I am interested in getting one of these fitted, can I ask who fitted it and the approximate cost?
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline marley

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12389 on: 04 August 2022, 20:42 »

I am interested in getting one of these fitted, can I ask who fitted it and the approximate cost?

It was done by V.W. Retrofit U.k  They are in Redditch in Birmingham.

They have a website (also one on facebook, with lots of pics of work theyve done...My car is on there! White G.T.I. showing the boot lid opening!).

On their website, it shows their prices (fitting is included in the price)  The boot  was £89  the hi line camera was £450...  Not particularly cheap of course...But I wanted them both done!

It was done in just over an hour too!