Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784992 times)

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12220 on: 30 April 2022, 18:14 »
@LSBristol; I think the new wheels really suit the mk7.5 GTI and IMHO they have an OEM look about them. I think they’re much nicer than the Parkers they replace and the added bonus is they’re not diamond cut, so no issues with white worm corrosion.

Any increase in ride height as a result of moving from 18’s and 225/40 R18’s to 19’s and 235/35 R19’s will be small - just under 5mm. It might appear more than that initially as the suspension will have extended while you had the car jacked up as it wasn’t supporting the weight of the car. It should settle back to normal, so worth waiting before considering whether or not to get lowering springs.

OEM+ is what I'm going for which is why I chose the Bolas similar to the prets so glad you think so!

Noted re ride height - cheers.
mk7.5 non-PP, Indium Grey, manual

TCR backbox
Bola B16 19" in crystal sylver
DTUK pedalbox+

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12221 on: 30 April 2022, 22:34 »
Good work LSB, not a bad effort at all when all you used was the basic jack. The rusty hubs are an eyesore so it was good sense to paint them when they’ll be both more visible and highlighted by the light coloured wheels.

The Bolas are a good choice, nice and OEM looking plus light.

As SR says, the suspension will quickly settle back to a lower position.

I used to be a tyre sceptic too, definitely a case of the proof is in the pudding! I think years ago there wasn’t a massive gulf between top brand tyres but in recent years there are a few truly standout tyres.

Do the OEM nut covers fit in the Bola bolt holes ok?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12222 on: 01 May 2022, 22:49 »
Do the OEM nut covers fit in the Bola bolt holes ok?

Unfortunately not! I've got exposed nuts, which in my experience is never good. Looking at some generic 17mm nut covers at the moment, although I don't hate them without as they're a similar colour to the wheels.

TCR backbox
DTUK pedalbox+

Offline 245PS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12223 on: 02 May 2022, 08:56 »
Awesome wheels! Congrats.

I fitted my BMC carbon fibre induction kit yesterday. Not as easy as I had hoped, but nothing a couple of extra drill holes didn’t sort. Not had a chance to drive the car yet but will go out today for sure.

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12224 on: 02 May 2022, 10:08 »
Good bank holiday weekend activity. Looks great, bet it'll sound good too.

TCR backbox
DTUK pedalbox+

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #12225 on: 02 May 2022, 12:14 »
Checked my battery, not doing bad for nearly five and a half years old.

Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #12226 on: 03 May 2022, 17:21 »
@madstaff, that’s interesting, thanks for posting- particularly as it vindicates my decision to defer my vaq service to next year- as mine has only 22k on the clock

Will that affect the warranty? I have an extended warranty and only 11k mileage at present.

Sorry for late response , just seen this.

It’s not part of the official service schedule so can’t see how it would affect the warranty

An update on this. Had my third service completed today at a dealership and was reminded that the VAQ differential service was due at three years and every three thereafter. They admitted that they had only realised in the last year that it was required. Either the dealer sees a new income stream or they have caught up with VW bulletins. Not sure which?
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12227 on: 03 May 2022, 22:50 »
Just one more wheel pic…

TCR backbox
DTUK pedalbox+

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12228 on: 04 May 2022, 09:23 »
Does it still mean I'm part of the gentry if i'm pulling abs plastic out of it and not buck shot?  :embarrassed:

This any good? Just seen this morning and remembered your recent post.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275286050890?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=RotHWarWSG2&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=mErYvhsZQYq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I think Wills is a 7.5 so has the radar in the VW badge so no big cut out in the lower grille.

Small update, ordered the grill direct from Volkswagen £52.67 so a good 41% off the £88.50 ebay price. :smiley:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Markee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12229 on: 07 May 2022, 20:59 »
Treated the girl to some new shoes today. The health check at VW earlier in the week picked up that the fronts were down to 4.6mm, with the rears on 7mm. I was hoping it would be the other way around as one of the rears is a Bridgestone (the other 3 were Goodyear's) and the road noise from it was ridiculous! So i bit the bullet and replaced all 4 tyres. Coming from a Tiguan where one tyre was £200+ i was chuffed that PS4's were £104.99 a tyre. I only drove a short distance back home but the difference in the ride was noticeable straight, and road noise has gone  :grin:
A chequered previous car history (mainly blue oval, sorry) prior to owning Golf's.
2001 mk4 TDI - died at some traffic lights due to someone not stopping!
2000 mk4 GTD - a dog of a car, sold to WBAC in limp mode!
2000 mk4 1.8T - most fun i've had in a Golf (until now) but nearly cost me my licence!
2020 mk7.5 Tornado Red TCR - current ride.