Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785019 times)

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12140 on: 16 March 2022, 16:35 »
Spring has sprung and summer has arrived, introducing the new summer look. Pretorias sold within an hour of me listing them on Facebook marketplace as well so I'll be able to get half a tank of fuel at the current prices.

How much do OEM alloys typically sell for, if you don't mind me asking? Thinking of possibly switching my Brescias in the future after a refurb.

Depends on the alloys, Belvederes are the highest priced, then brescia, then Pretorias then sevilla, then santiagos then the rest of the 18's.

At the minute alloys can go from £800 - £2,000 depending on tyres and condition.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12141 on: 16 March 2022, 16:59 »
Spring has sprung and summer has arrived, introducing the new summer look. Pretorias sold within an hour of me listing them on Facebook marketplace as well so I'll be able to get half a tank of fuel at the current prices.

That looks fantastic! I rather miss having TR. Mine is currently going orange as Saharan sand is falling on it in the rain :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12142 on: 16 March 2022, 19:42 »
That looks fantastic! I rather miss having TR. Mine is currently going orange as Saharan sand is falling on it in the rain :rolleyes:

It's mk5 Fahrenheit Orange  :wink:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12143 on: 16 March 2022, 21:55 »

It's mk5 Fahrenheit Orange  :wink:

It is! Luckily some slightly cleaner rain has washed most of it off. Hopefully, if all the stars align, it might get a wash tomorrow. If so it'll be the first since August :embarrassed:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12144 on: 17 March 2022, 17:03 »

Put Brescia's back on with new Michelin Pilot 4s.
Also new clubsport centre caps :smiley:
(Yes I know pic shows wheel  cap not quite central)
Collected and being driven....... Gti PP 5dr DSG Tornado red, tints and Brescia's.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12145 on: 17 March 2022, 17:10 »
Washed it, at last!

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12146 on: 17 March 2022, 20:29 »
Washed it, at last!

Finally a different combo from tornado red and brescias!  :wink: Looks great buddy

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12147 on: 17 March 2022, 20:59 »
Good work Watts! A long time coming but great results. That’s not library pictures and fake news by any chance is it?  :laugh:

MK, a good combo with the Brescias and Michelins  :cool:

Will, your car looks immaculate as always!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #12148 on: 17 March 2022, 22:10 »
Washed it, at last!

Good effort @Watts. According to the local press, the hand wash / scratch ‘n swirl car wash places were doing a roaring trade today; people queuing up to have the Sahara sand removed from their cars.

Not the car for me today, but cleaning the house windows after last night’s dirty rain; not quite as satisfying as cleaning the car IMHO :sad:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12149 on: 17 March 2022, 22:30 »
Funnily enough I was typing in the same about the house windows in my last post but deleted it, anyways, same. I washed my downstairs windows for the first time in months today. Couldn’t be arsed to do upstairs as well, opaque glass is better than net curtains…
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner