Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785054 times)

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12130 on: 07 March 2022, 11:03 »
It can be fine tuned Lee, you can adjust sport+ to increase/decrease sensitivity.
Yeah, dropped it a couple of notches for the drive home from work, better. I can see why people rave about them. Makes the car much more lively...

Is car dsg? If so do you not find it always wanting to kick down gears?

No its a manual. My last car, (Passat) was a DSG, but wanted the manual in the GTI.

Offline 245PS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12131 on: 11 March 2022, 08:41 »
Over last few weeks, I've had seatbelts changed to black/red edging, gloss black seatbelt harness trim (not sure correct name) fitted, MOT, Brake Fluid Change/Upgrade to Racingline Braided lines/Fluid, Scorpion Non Resonated Catback system fitted & switched back from standard wheels to the BBS's

Wow yeah that's an awesome looking Clubsport, really well done. What is the spec on the wheels/tyres please? Spacers? Also, have you uploaded a video of the exhaust on youtube yet? Could you?? Pretty please, cherries and everything

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12132 on: 11 March 2022, 12:16 »
Over last few weeks, I've had seatbelts changed to black/red edging, gloss black seatbelt harness trim (not sure correct name) fitted, MOT, Brake Fluid Change/Upgrade to Racingline Braided lines/Fluid, Scorpion Non Resonated Catback system fitted & switched back from standard wheels to the BBS's

Wow yeah that's an awesome looking Clubsport, really well done. What is the spec on the wheels/tyres please? Spacers? Also, have you uploaded a video of the exhaust on youtube yet? Could you?? Pretty please, cherries and everything

BBS CI-R are 8J - 8.5J ET 45, I'd assume they're the 8.5J which I had with no spacers just lowered.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #12133 on: 11 March 2022, 17:31 »
Planned to put some wax on the car. Ended up taking wax off the carpet in the house the my OH managed to spill from a candle 🙄
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #12134 on: 14 March 2022, 09:27 »

Saw this at Ultimate at the weekend. Looked clean.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12135 on: 15 March 2022, 15:47 »
Finally found my tyre depth gauge and was pleasantly surprised to find out my Michelin PS4S's are actually 6.5mm and 5mm depths not 5mm and 3mm as I previously guessed.

Along with the brighter evenings and increasing temps I swapped them over onto the Brescias ready to move over to summer tyres soon, and put new (with label) Dunlop Sportmaxx RT2's on the Pretorias ready for sale.

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12136 on: 15 March 2022, 16:57 »

Had first go at machine polishing with a DA. Spent ages watching YouTube and reading detailing  threads in forums.
I did rush it to be honest but I haven't got loads of time.
Washed it yesterday afternoon then decontaminated it this morning then clayed. Two stage polish then topped with dodo orange crush which I had for ages.
Quite pleased with results considering time frame. Especially pleased with how the Gloss back B pillars came up. Really been annoying me how scratched up they look,  but now almost scratch free.
Ignore the wheels, got my Brescia's with new Michelin ps4s ready to fit on Thursday!
Collected and being driven....... Gti PP 5dr DSG Tornado red, tints and Brescia's.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #12137 on: 15 March 2022, 17:16 »

Had first go at machine polishing with a DA. Spent ages watching YouTube and reading detailing  threads in forums.
I did rush it to be honest but I haven't got loads of time.
Washed it yesterday afternoon then decontaminated it this morning then clayed. Two stage polish then topped with dodo orange crush which I had for ages.
Quite pleased with results considering time frame. Especially pleased with how the Gloss back B pillars came up. Really been annoying me how scratched up they look,  but now almost scratch free.
Ignore the wheels, got my Brescia's with new Michelin ps4s ready to fit on Thursday!

Looks good. You’ll have to let me in on your secret to speedy DA polishing; it usually takes me a couple of days when I do my car, and then a few more days to recover from the aches and pains of all that polishing! :grin:

I personally prefer the grey Pretoria’s to Brescias, so I won’t ignore them :smiley:. IMHO they work really well with Tornado Red.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12138 on: 16 March 2022, 14:03 »
Spring has sprung and summer has arrived, introducing the new summer look. Pretorias sold within an hour of me listing them on Facebook marketplace as well so I'll be able to get half a tank of fuel at the current prices.

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #12139 on: 16 March 2022, 15:16 »
Spring has sprung and summer has arrived, introducing the new summer look. Pretorias sold within an hour of me listing them on Facebook marketplace as well so I'll be able to get half a tank of fuel at the current prices.

How much do OEM alloys typically sell for, if you don't mind me asking? Thinking of possibly switching my Brescias in the future after a refurb.