Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784992 times)

Offline Yusee

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12090 on: 17 February 2022, 21:13 »
Well not exactly today but earlier this week ………..got it out of the garage and took it up the road for the first time since ceramic coating it last October 👍. Safely tucked away again now

That’s interesting. A 3 door TCR garage queen.
What’s the reason to keep it?
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12091 on: 17 February 2022, 21:38 »
Well not exactly today but earlier this week ………..got it out of the garage and took it up the road for the first time since ceramic coating it last October 👍. Safely tucked away again now

The right colour with the right amount of doors in arguably the best guise of the mk7, with the age of EV's looming I'd be keeping in nice in a garage as well.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Ashtons99

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12092 on: 17 February 2022, 21:44 »

That’s interesting. A 3 door TCR garage queen.
What’s the reason to keep it?

Not sure what you mean. If you mean why aren’t I doing 500miles a week it’s because I don’t have to. I enjoy owning just as much as driving

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #12093 on: 17 February 2022, 22:05 »
I’m interested, I’m not being critical.

Offline Ashtons99

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12094 on: 18 February 2022, 00:01 »

I’m on car about number 140 since I started driving quite a lot of years ago so I’ve done plenty of driving .I now  find I get as much pleasure just owning the car and faffing with it as I do driving now. I don’t mind a spin out in it but I get an equal amount if enjoyment in the detailing of it and keeping it nice. I’ve got a few cars and bikes but do very few miles in/on any of them. My enthusiasm for rattling around the countryside isn’t what it used to be but I do enjoy the ownership of a nice vehicle.

Offline DCmk3

• Here all the time
« Reply #12095 on: 18 February 2022, 06:32 »
Took the GTI and a friends Clubsport out for a mountain run

2014 Mk7 GTI - Littco L500

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #12096 on: 18 February 2022, 07:06 »

I’m on car about number 140 since I started driving quite a lot of years ago so I’ve done plenty of driving .I now  find I get as much pleasure just owning the car and faffing with it as I do driving now. I don’t mind a spin out in it but I get an equal amount if enjoyment in the detailing of it and keeping it nice. I’ve got a few cars and bikes but do very few miles in/on any of them. My enthusiasm for rattling around the countryside isn’t what it used to be but I do enjoy the ownership of a nice vehicle.

There are many ways to enjoy car ownership.
I thought you may be keeping it pristine with a specific purpose in mind, given that it’s an unusual example of one the best hatchbacks ever made, imho.
I occasionally see very low mileage classics advertised in auctions, I suspect yours will become a coveted car in years to come.

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #12097 on: 18 February 2022, 12:03 »

Sorry but what a waste of such a beautiful car. I hate garage queens  :whistle:
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12098 on: 18 February 2022, 13:25 »
Never a waste keeping something nice! No point driving something nice in winter when there's reduced grip and it looks a shadow of itself after 5 mins of grime and dirt. Keep it for summer and enjoy it when it's dry and you can actually use the power!
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #12099 on: 18 February 2022, 14:08 »
Never a waste keeping something nice! No point driving something nice in winter when there's reduced grip and it looks a shadow of itself after 5 mins of grime and dirt. Keep it for summer and enjoy it when it's dry and you can actually use the power!

I disagree entirely but each to their own. Cars are made to be driven. It’s a gti not a Lamborghini ! I keep my cars immaculate but they are made to be driven.
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox