Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785055 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11960 on: 23 December 2021, 08:48 »
Do they do a service where they can send you a newly trimmed wheel and you send them your old one back (to save being without the car for a while) ?

Also, I assume it's a battery disconnect job to remove the steering wheel airbag - if so, any issues afterwards getting rid of any check light errors etc ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11961 on: 23 December 2021, 10:54 »
Do they do a service where they can send you a newly trimmed wheel and you send them your old one back (to save being without the car for a while) ?

Also, I assume it's a battery disconnect job to remove the steering wheel airbag - if so, any issues afterwards getting rid of any check light errors etc ?

They do it’s an exchange service I’ve started using it, it’s £100 deposit until you return your old steering wheel.

Yes, disconnect the postivie terminal wait 30mins to 1 hour, I had no issues even the clock reset itself  :smiley:  but it’s worth having an obd or something just incase
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11962 on: 27 December 2021, 12:09 »
Broke the polisher out, just need to give it a final wipe down before applying Gyeon Syncro.

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11963 on: 27 December 2021, 18:23 »
Broke the polisher out, just need to give it a final wipe down before applying Gyeon Syncro.

Looks mega! Syncro is great, I'm about 30 months in and it's still going really well.
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2017 MK7 Oryx White 3dr GTI
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11964 on: 27 December 2021, 18:34 »
Looks mega! Syncro is great, I'm about 30 months in and it's still going really well.

Glad to hear it's lasted you even longer than the quoted durability, any special maintenance or just using Wetcoat & Cure?

I've always discounted the Gyeon coatings for some reason despite me loving all their products including cancoat, but always went for the likes of Gtechniq or other competition.

Just finished the 3 layers of Mohs now and the slickness is incredible, can't wait to lay down Skin!

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11965 on: 27 December 2021, 18:38 »

Glad to hear it's lasted you even longer than the quoted durability, any special maintenance or just using Wetcoat & Cure?

I've always discounted the Gyeon coatings for some reason despite me loving all their products including cancoat, but always went for the likes of Gtechniq or other competition.

Just finished the 3 layers of Mohs now and the slickness is incredible, can't wait to lay down Skin!

Honestly very little, I tend to just top it off with their QD but ideally I should be using cure (I was at the very start but I've since ran out). Debating taking it to my detailer and getting him to put an actual topper on it.

Look forward to seeing some more pictures of the finished product!
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11966 on: 27 December 2021, 19:39 »

Honestly very little, I tend to just top it off with their QD but ideally I should be using cure (I was at the very start but I've since ran out). Debating taking it to my detailer and getting him to put an actual topper on it.

I've a few clients that I've put CanCoat on their cars as a preparation prior to a full coating and they've all said they got well over a year out of it which is a 6 month coating. It's probably one of my favourite coatings for hydrophobicity.

I'm already at about the limit of my phones camera, so we'll see how it goes!

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11967 on: 27 December 2021, 20:18 »

I've a few clients that I've put CanCoat on their cars as a preparation prior to a full coating and they've all said they got well over a year out of it which is a 6 month coating. It's probably one of my favourite coatings for hydrophobicity.

Yeahh I had CanCoat on my previous Polo Blue GT and that lasted a good 18 months, I would imagine it lasted longer but I traded it in for the Golf. Also Rim is another one of my favourites, I've got an anti mist coating for my windscreen as well which I've not had chance to use yet.
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #11968 on: 27 December 2021, 21:09 »

Hi Will, when you say "clients" does that mean your a detailer??
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11969 on: 28 December 2021, 08:05 »

Hi Will, when you say "clients" does that mean your a detailer??

I am, never meant to be. One of those things that started out as a way to make a bit of extra money at school, now it's many hours of work hahah.

Yeahh I had CanCoat on my previous Polo Blue GT and that lasted a good 18 months, I would imagine it lasted longer but I traded it in for the Golf. Also Rim is another one of my favourites, I've got an anti mist coating for my windscreen as well which I've not had chance to use yet.

I always fancied a polo BlueGT but never made the move because I wanted something a bit bigger, they're a great looking car.

Also finally got Skin on.

« Last Edit: 28 December 2021, 08:17 by willni »