Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785023 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11830 on: 07 November 2021, 18:55 »
A 7.5 GTE sounds a lot more appealing now lol

Never!!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11831 on: 07 November 2021, 19:14 »
A 7.5 GTE sounds a lot more appealing now lol

Never!!

Lol only joking, I'd sooner consider a flexi fuel system to E85...but we don't love the environment that much to have 104 ron
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11832 on: 08 November 2021, 13:22 »
Just tried to book in to get under bonnet deadening inspected and replaced under warranty to be told I need to leave the car for a full day. What an absolute joke VW service/warranty have become. It's literally a 2 minute job to inspect at which point they can do all the necessary paperwork for warranty. What a waste of time for everyone.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #11833 on: 08 November 2021, 14:23 »
Got my car back after a day and a half at the dealers while they looked at the issues I raised under warranty.

Noisy front suspension that seemed to be worse at low speed and turning right.

Looks like they followed the TPI that's out for this and dropped both front control arms and lubricated all bushes and then refitted with all new bolts torqued to spec, straight away the car seemed better so fingers crossed it's sorted.

Next, creaks coming from piano black plastic around the AID, I've been told they dismantled the dash trim then refitted and adjusted, again going along the bumpy roads on the way home it seems to have made a difference.

Unfortunately we don't have an answer for the ticking/fan type noise behind the dash when the car has been standing in the sun or has been running for over an hour, their explanation is that it could be the car doing a regen or trying to complete a regen that hadn't finished.

Plus got a chance to drive my first Mk8 Golf as the courtesy car, base manual model so nothing fancy.

Have to say that overall I was happy with how it turned out but I couldn't wait to get back into my car!

One downside was that they forgot and washed my car, I'd only just cleaned it before I took it in and now it's covered in bloody water spots!

Had same on mine they did the same removed and greased bushes lasts for a while then comes back took it back and they fitted new arms new ones are a different part number that sorts the issue 😉
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11834 on: 08 November 2021, 15:21 »
Just tried to book in to get under bonnet deadening inspected and replaced under warranty to be told I need to leave the car for a full day. What an absolute joke VW service/warranty have become. It's literally a 2 minute job to inspect at which point they can do all the necessary paperwork for warranty. What a waste of time for everyone.

That is poor, my dealer was fine, I just turned up, they had a quick look and ordered the part. Worth doing as the new one looks much better.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline My other womans a vw.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11835 on: 08 November 2021, 19:20 »
Is the replacement sound deadening a different design/size?
If not,surely the shrinkage problem will happen again over time.
Would like to know as mine really bugs me when I open the bonnet.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11836 on: 08 November 2021, 20:15 »
Is the replacement sound deadening a different design/size?
If not,surely the shrinkage problem will happen again over time.
Would like to know as mine really bugs me when I open the bonnet.

Probably not.
Probably.
Mine did but it's much better now, better too that VW paid for it and if it shrinks again, hey-ho.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Jason b

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11837 on: 09 November 2021, 12:43 »
Dropped the responsible adults Polo GTI in for its second service and thieve lent me a 1,5 mk 8 Golf which is nice of them , its a hard thing feel any warmth to tbh its ok though i suppose
Night blue MK7 GTI keyless winter pack nav camers etc very partial to a Ducati and a Fs1e.A serial Le Mans 24 attendee 13 starts in a row to date

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #11838 on: 09 November 2021, 15:17 »
Got angry with it, as now on top of the service being due now and the MOT due at the end of next month, I now have at least one tyre that needs replacing and a cracked windscreen.

I keep telling myself these things will be relevant to any car, but it's raw at the moment.

Offline baka

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11839 on: 09 November 2021, 18:21 »
Got angry with it, as now on top of the service being due now and the MOT due at the end of next month, I now have at least one tyre that needs replacing and a cracked windscreen.

I keep telling myself these things will be relevant to any car, but it's raw at the moment.

It does always seem to come all at once, when you least need it, but it's definitely not just a Golf thing!