Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785009 times)

Offline clubsport

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11650 on: 23 August 2021, 20:34 »
That probably makes sense with your car, isn't the mileage >50k?
How many times has the fluid been changed?
Please let us know of your findings when you get the pump off, so we know what to expect down the line!

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #11651 on: 23 August 2021, 20:58 »
I don't know if it's been changed before, as all you seem to get nowadays due to GPDR is a print out from VW listing service events/repair events/warranty events, no actual details of what's been carried out.

When I do it if I remember I'll take some photo's.

Clubsport, how much oil do you think you used seeing as you didn't remove the pump??
« Last Edit: 23 August 2021, 22:09 by madstaff »
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline B2sbailey

• Just got here
« Reply #11652 on: 23 August 2021, 22:08 »
Replaced the seal round the rear door speakers as they're leaking water. Pretty easy to do and hopefully it's now sealed and no more leaks.

Offline r600_clubsport

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11653 on: 25 August 2021, 21:16 »
So won a powerflex dog bone mount & Turbo Technics intake hose in a competition. Sent into local Indepedent dealer to have parts fitted and at the same time had them do a DSG, Front Diff Haldex, Aircon & Minor Service, R600 Intake with coolant re-route hose. I fitted myself the ECS Tuning Battery/ECU/Fuse covers couple of weeks before, think it looks pretty tidy. 

Lewman
GTI Clubsport Edition 40 - Number:120
Instagram: @ed40lew

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #11654 on: 26 August 2021, 15:55 »
R600 Intake

Can I ask your thoughts on the R600 intake?. I've turned down the soundactor with my OBD11 and was considering getting an R600 intake and turning it down further or off altogether. Also going to unclip the sound-proofing material on the inside of the bonnet. Actually quite disappointed by how un-sporty the MK7 GTi sounds but I'm not the type of person to get a louder exhaust and just want more natural engine sound inside the cabin

When I posted on here about it no one really had anything nice to say about the R600. Most just seemed to say it was a waste of money to have on a stock car and get a CSS backbox or nothing

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #11655 on: 27 August 2021, 18:47 »
So yesterday I swapped the wife’s Mercedes for a Mk7.5 Golf, the lad has passed his driving test at last! 12 months delay due to lockdown.

We needed something with a smaller engine to get him insured on, so It’s only a GT 1.5 TSi, however its nicely loaded with kit. It’s an Estate, with Pano roof, dynaudio, factory fitted swing tow bar (very cool), Discovery nav Pro 9.2, climate windscreen, reverse camera, upgraded 18” alloys, LED headlights with dynamic curve, lane assist, high beam assist and the winter pack.

It’s a very nice vehicle, just without the poke of our GTI. With the tow bar we are going to carry our bikes on the back rather than the roof, so that should be very easy and handy. The estate will be a very useful load carrier with the lad starting University this year.

Bike rack came yesterday, fitted today and out for a ride

Offline DCmk3

• Here all the time
« Reply #11656 on: 27 August 2021, 19:12 »
R600 Intake

Can I ask your thoughts on the R600 intake?. I've turned down the soundactor with my OBD11 and was considering getting an R600 intake and turning it down further or off altogether. Also going to unclip the sound-proofing material on the inside of the bonnet. Actually quite disappointed by how un-sporty the MK7 GTi sounds but I'm not the type of person to get a louder exhaust and just want more natural engine sound inside the cabin

When I posted on here about it no one really had anything nice to say about the R600. Most just seemed to say it was a waste of money to have on a stock car and get a CSS backbox or nothing

Had experience with the R600 intake, it's really not worth the fuss or money. You won't notice any additional sound from the induction and it's a hefty chunk of change for no reason.

The stock airbox works just fine, I have personally made 400hp on the stock intake setup with only an intake elbow between the turbo and pipe running to the filterbox.

If you are wanting some intake noises from a Mk7, the best route would be everyones most hated method, a cone filter on a pipe open in the bay.

2014 Mk7 GTI - Littco L500

Offline r600_clubsport

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11657 on: 27 August 2021, 20:22 »
R600 Intake

not really much noise, i didn't want the whole WOOOOOSH thing, had the cone filter style on my previous car. Can sound good don't get me wrong, but just not for me anymore. This to most prob be waste of £££ but i always fancied it, and plan to go stage 1 so thought it may help. Looks nice in the engine bay tho lol and R600 match's the number plate lol
Lewman
GTI Clubsport Edition 40 - Number:120
Instagram: @ed40lew

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11658 on: 30 August 2021, 08:43 »
Not today last week, but got my alignment finally sorted as the steering wheel pointing to the left was really annoying.

Whilst I was in they were fitting a Remus system to a Mk8 Clubsport which has fully sold me on the mk8's looks apart from the interior.

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Meister

• Not said much yet
  • 2018 GTI - Pure White
« Reply #11659 on: 30 August 2021, 11:17 »
Dechromed the lower part of my grill (and caused an ACC issue because now it says front assist not available - any ideas?)

Also added a forge turbo blanket which was a pain to fit

Why on earth would you de-chrome it!? Spoils the look and 'flow' of the chrome inside the headlights across the front. Each to their own! :)
NOW - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI, Manual- Pure White
GONE - 2015 Mk7 GTD, Manual - Tungsten
GONE - 2014 Scirocco GTS 2.0TDI - Salsa Red
GONE - 2012 Scirocco 2.0TDI - Black
GONE - 2009 Mk6 GTI - Tornado Red
GONE - 2008 Mk5 GtTDI - Reflex Silver
GONE - 1991 Corrado 1.8 16v - Dark Green
GONE - 1989 Jetta 1.8 'Show condition' - Red