Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785067 times)

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11180 on: 19 March 2021, 19:09 »
Interesting.When you say sedate what exactly do you mean? Iam looking at a remap and my ideal is original map in d but when I pull back into s a significant difference.Interested in what you have ?

Well in Eco it takes a while of steady acceleration for it to kick in, comfort a bit more so which is what you want around town as you don’t want to leap forward but in sport mode it really kicks in. Pushed over to manual and keep revs balanced until you want to go and it leaps forward. I haven’t done any timed runs but I have a stretch of road that from the lights goes to 70 right away and it’s quick! I can feel the difference.

It’s now running about 355 but with Vpower and a turn of switch they say it will be 365/370 potentially, depending on ambient conditions of course.
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #11181 on: 19 March 2021, 20:07 »
It’s now running about 355 but with Vpower and a turn of switch they say it will be 365/370 potentially, depending on ambient conditions of course.

Get the Vpower in there and turn the switch up to 3, I run this all the time. :cool:
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #11182 on: 19 March 2021, 22:57 »
Interesting.When you say sedate what exactly do you mean? Iam looking at a remap and my ideal is original map in d but when I pull back into s a significant difference.Interested in what you have ?

Mine is like this. So in eco mode it's the original map but then normal and sport is the remap. Have a look at Unicorn Motor Developments - they're based in Stockport and comes well recommended on the BMW and Audi forums.

Offline RichardP

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11183 on: 20 March 2021, 05:52 »
That sounds perfect!Unicorn are only 40 mins from me and I was thinking king about them good that you have confirmed.Are they good to deal with?Do they customise the map to your requirements?Any downside you have found?

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11184 on: 20 March 2021, 15:26 »
ECU map, Revo Stage 1 with SPS.  Very happy with the results, still sedate when you want it to be but opening it up! so much pull  :grin: :grin:

Good work!  :cool: :afro:
You won’t look back.
Always seems criminal to me that people don’t tap into the reserves of the turbo and engine to release the full potential. Not just for racing about in crazy mode but more for the added mid range thrust in daily driving which is so satisfying to use and makes the car so flexible.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11185 on: 20 March 2021, 16:13 »

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11186 on: 20 March 2021, 16:15 »
Got this one cleaned up today. Got the near side alloy refurbed  during the week  after her indoors clipped the kerb

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #11187 on: 20 March 2021, 16:20 »
ECU map, Revo Stage 1 with SPS.  Very happy with the results, still sedate when you want it to be but opening it up! so much pull  :grin: :grin:

You won’t look back.
Always seems criminal to me that people don’t tap into the reserves of the turbo and engine to release the full potential. Not just for racing about in crazy mode but more for the added mid range thrust in daily driving which is so satisfying to use and makes the car so flexible.

Warranty and insurance are 2 reasons
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11188 on: 20 March 2021, 17:54 »

Thanks, you're the final straw for me getting a set of Brescias!  :whistle:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11189 on: 20 March 2021, 17:55 »

You won’t look back.

Found myself in a circumstance avoiding others and that extra boost I feel got me round without incident. Not found any difference in scrabbling for grip off the start but then I’ve put the power down in a controlled manner but there is a bit of torque steer, probably more the poor road surface forcing the wheels in different direction. Did a trip to B&Q (other DIY stores available) this morning, just had in eco and got 36mpg on the trip so that was good also. On the way back was 22  :grin:
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1