Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784992 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10770 on: 30 September 2020, 09:31 »
Thinking about the analogy with the household appliance ....... the first time that occurred to me was with the extremely successful ad campaign to introduce and sell the Nissan Qashqai to a gullible public who had never bought a vehicle like that before in their lives. Truly a household appliance on wheels.
And there you are ......5 million sheep followed in one make or another.
Just don’t mentioned the Nissan Juke or indeed any Honda apart from the Civic.

But you do have to admire them as a business. As much as I don't particularly care for the Qashcow, selling as many as they do, they clearly have got something right.

As for parking, I too just don't understand the mentality of having an entire car park of spaces to choose from but have to park so close to another vehicle to make it physically difficult to get out. Why would you do that? I'd only had my TCR a week or two when I came back to a massive scrape down the rear os door whilst I was in M1 services for 20 minutes. They must've realised what they'd done and moved elsewhere, it was really quiet there too. Luckily it all cleaned off to leave just one really small dent in the swage line which is very difficult to spot so I've left it for now.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #10771 on: 30 September 2020, 10:16 »
Thinking about the analogy with the household appliance ....... the first time that occurred to me was with the extremely successful ad campaign to introduce and sell the Nissan Qashqai to a gullible public who had never bought a vehicle like that before in their lives. Truly a household appliance on wheels.

People bought the cashcow because a SUV is a status symbol. Didn't matter if the cheapo thing wasn't exactly a Range Rover, in their minds, it was better than their neighbours Astra.

Nice move by Nissan, they have done really well out of it.

I don't suppose its dented their GTR sales too much either  :grin: :grin:

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #10772 on: 30 September 2020, 11:02 »

But you do have to admire them as a business. As much as I don't particularly care for the Qashcow, selling as many as they do, they clearly have got something right.

As for parking, I too just don't understand the mentality of having an entire car park of spaces to choose from but have to park so close to another vehicle to make it physically difficult to get out. Why would you do that? I'd only had my TCR a week or two when I came back to a massive scrape down the rear os door whilst I was in M1 services for 20 minutes. They must've realised what they'd done and moved elsewhere, it was really quiet there too. Luckily it all cleaned off to leave just one really small dent in the swage line which is very difficult to spot so I've left it for now.

I think the parking is a reference point for piss poor parkers. They can't judge their position by the lines on the floor so they pick a car to get next to and judge their distance from that. There are some total idiots on the road and in car parks.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #10773 on: 30 September 2020, 14:04 »
Sold my car yesterday so on the look out for something else.

Fancy an S4 but not many around that are catching my eye, can’t leave it a while without wheels so back up may be another golf :smiley:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10774 on: 30 September 2020, 14:07 »

Fancy an S4 but not many around that are catching my eye, can’t leave it a while without wheels so back up may be another golf :smiley:

Looking for new or a bit older? A B7 RS4 seems like a good bet to me.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #10775 on: 30 September 2020, 14:12 »

Looking for new or a bit older? A B7 RS4 seems like a good bet to me.

Newish probably 2-3yo B9, RS4 would be nice but the maintenance bills not so much.

Quite like my interior gadgets so prefer the modern interior

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #10776 on: 30 September 2020, 14:24 »
The late B8.5 S4 Avant are really holding their money well, partly as the replacement was a diesel.
B7 is fun to drive hard, but newest cars are now at least 13 years old, they are transitioning into a semi classic, with the cheaper less well cared for examples becoming a liability to the wallet.

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #10777 on: 30 September 2020, 14:57 »
Maybe it’s the 8.5 I’m looking at?? 2-3yo the 354bhp with the newer virtual cockpit.

Not up to speed with my audis yet :grin:

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #10778 on: 30 September 2020, 15:13 »
Maybe it’s the 8.5 I’m looking at?? 2-3yo the 354bhp with the newer virtual cockpit.

Not up to speed with my audis yet :grin:

That is the B8.5..... from 2019 onward the S4 came with a 347 bhp 3L diesel. The point being there are not that many late petrol cars to choose from (relative to Gti's).
Nice cars, i would have one if I needed more space.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #10779 on: 30 September 2020, 15:51 »
That is the B8.5..... from 2019 onward the S4 came with a 347 bhp 3L diesel. The point being there are not that many late petrol cars to choose from (relative to Gti's).
Nice cars, i would have one if I needed more space.

Why does 'needing' more space have to be a consideration? I'm sure that we all live in bigger houses than we really need to. If you want one, get one.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.