Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785059 times)

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10760 on: 29 September 2020, 19:42 »
What have I done today?
Paid 95 quid to get a PDR repair on my rear o/s wheel arch after some ars***e opened their door against my car when it was nearly brand new 12 m ago.
Nobody noticed the dent but me.....I knew it was there every time I walked up to the car. So I gave in and got it sorted for my own mental health.
Car parks and stupid parkers drive me crazy.
And........ I have a real prejudice against SUV and twin-cab pick ups.
Rant over!
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10761 on: 29 September 2020, 19:59 »
What have I done today?
Paid 95 quid to get a PDR repair on my rear o/s wheel arch after some ars***e opened their door against my car when it was nearly brand new 12 m ago.
Nobody noticed the dent but me.....I knew it was there every time I walked up to the car. So I gave in and got it sorted for my own mental health.
Rant over!

Money well spent for peace of mind.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #10762 on: 29 September 2020, 20:06 »
+1 for hating inconsiderate drivers in car parks, just has a small chip done to my drivers door :cry:
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #10763 on: 29 September 2020, 21:11 »
What have I done today?
Rant over!

I feel your pain. Last Thursday (I only go into work every Thursday, I work from home the other 4 days a week). I got to work and parked up in a deserted car park, reversing into the space. I go back out at 4pm to go home and there's a big white Vauxhall SUV parked suspiciously close to my A4 (meaning that it would be a squeeze for anyone to get out of the driver's door), driven straight in. I have a look at my rear drivers side door facing their drivers door. It's unmarked. Then I get home and see the dent on my drivers door - they opened their rear drivers side door onto my drivers door, putting a tiny but very noticeable dent in it.

It's booked in for PDR on Friday afternoon. As they left their paint on my door I'm hoping a quick buff of the lacquer coat after tapping the dent out is all that is required. Quoted £70 with no paintwork. My local chips away quoted £206 with any repaint required.

Part of me wants to calmly ask for my £70 back and ask them to not park so close to another car when the car park is 20% full and be more careful in opening their doors.

Another part of me wants to take a syringe of brake fluid and spray it on their rear bumper!

I'll look at their car if it's in and if they have  a paint chip/scuff on the edge of their rear drivers side door that's 78cm high, I'll leave them a note and appeal to their good nature if I can't find out who's car it is.

I refitted my dashcam to the A4 over the weekend!

Really pisses me off that they choose to park a foot away from my car when the car park is practically empty!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #10764 on: 29 September 2020, 22:09 »
That really annoys me too Matt. I usually park in the farthest spot away from the door at supermarkets and you can bet your bottom dollar some p4ick still parks next to you. I swear morons do it on purpose.
I'd also be going out of my way to find your selfish colleague and definitely getting your money back. In a way it makes it worse that they work with you and haven't even said anything.
« Last Edit: 29 September 2020, 22:10 by mcmaddy »
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #10765 on: 29 September 2020, 22:30 »
I’m feeling better already reading your responses.
I’ve walked out to the car 5 times today just to see the PDR result. Wish I had done it right away instead of sulking for a year.
As I’ve said many times to my dear wife, most folk regard a car as a household appliance like a washing machine. A combination of ignorance and not giving a sh!t.
No wonder the motor trade screws them over. 

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #10766 on: 29 September 2020, 22:40 »
My PDR man showed me the little rubber access grommet at the top of the wheel arch through which he got his clever PDR hammers to sort my dent. He said it was an aperture through which the factory sprayed wax after assembly and that was a good long term anti corrosion thing that German cars usually had.
MaybecI should hang on to my 7.5 for a long time to see if he is right.
Based on the Autocar road test, I think I probably will. 😏

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #10767 on: 29 September 2020, 22:59 »
Thinking about the analogy with the household appliance ....... the first time that occurred to me was with the extremely successful ad campaign to introduce and sell the Nissan Qashqai to a gullible public who had never bought a vehicle like that before in their lives. Truly a household appliance on wheels.
And there you are ......5 million sheep followed in one make or another.
Just don’t mentioned the Nissan Juke or indeed any Honda apart from the Civic.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #10768 on: 30 September 2020, 05:47 »
That really annoys me too Matt. I usually park in the farthest spot away from the door at supermarkets and you can bet your bottom dollar some p4ick still parks next to you. I swear morons do it on purpose.
I'd also be going out of my way to find your selfish colleague and definitely getting your money back. In a way it makes it worse that they work with you and haven't even said anything.

Not exactly a colleague Chris, I work for a very small company in the main building at Wynyard Park- there's about 20 firms operating out of there, so not sure if security has any personal details - I didn't have to register my car details with them.

It'll probably have to be a letter under the wipers as they seem to arrive and leave later than me.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #10769 on: 30 September 2020, 05:53 »
My PDR man showed me the little rubber access grommet at the top of the wheel arch through which he got his clever PDR hammers to sort my dent. He said it was an aperture through which the factory sprayed wax after assembly and that was a good long term anti corrosion thing that German cars usually had.
MaybecI should hang on to my 7.5 for a long time to see if he is right.
Based on the Autocar road test, I think I probably will. 😏

I'm expecting the door card will need to come off for my dent. It's towards the top of the door, on the apex of the bulge, below a section that has a hard crease all the way along the door width.