Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10660 on: 06 September 2020, 15:49 »
The Audi bolt covers are a twit to get off - much tighter fit than the VW covers. The removal tool can easily scratch the interior of the bolt hole on the wheel - put a bit of electriciabs tape on the shank of the removal tool to prevent scratches.

Don't know if you're using the same ones as I did then as I can get the (plastic) removal tool around the bolt cover to pull it off on my current wheels with more clearance than the OEM bolt covers on their own - the originals not fitting in the wheel holes on my new wheels are why I had to change them in the first place.

Are we talking about the same bolt covers? My A4 and the wife's A1 before that have these snug fit silver bolt caps with a ridge up the side to hook the end of the wire removal tool (same as the VW's one) into. Sounds easy but the caps are on with a tighter fit, meaning more force required to pull and easier for the hooked end to slip out of the groove while you're doing it and the back of the hooked end to scrape the wheel's bolt recess when it slips.

You're also pulling on the cap on one side rather than the centre, making it far less easy than the VW solution.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #10661 on: 06 September 2020, 16:26 »
You're always going to struggle getting the bolt covers off with a wire tool. My Octavia came with one of these for removing the bolt covers. Can't say I ever had a problem

7.5 GTD

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #10662 on: 06 September 2020, 17:04 »
You're always going to struggle getting the bolt covers off with a wire tool. My Octavia came with one of these for removing the bolt covers. Can't say I ever had a problem

Well they look a much more practical solution - central pull force from both sides of the cover's groove. Do you have a part number?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline bogwoppit

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10663 on: 06 September 2020, 17:13 »

Part No: 8D0 012 244 A
BMW 128ti - current

Mk 7.5 GTI PP, indium grey, manual - gone

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #10664 on: 07 September 2020, 10:08 »

Well they look a much more practical solution - central pull force from both sides of the cover's groove. Do you have a part number?

Yep, that's the tool I bought - loads easier lol.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10665 on: 07 September 2020, 10:45 »
Dropped mine off at the dealer for a repair. I was hoping to get a MK8 as a loan car but I suppose that was wishful thinking. Would've been nice to see what one was like to drive and try out the buttonless dash. So I got a 69 reg petrol Bluemotion which I'm assuming is the 1.5 as it has the cylinder deactivation tech. It managed 62mpg on the way home over 20 miles, given a longer journey I'm pretty sure it would've improved on that. Pretty boring though.

They had a couple of ID3s in the carpark, looked quite smart from the outside, interior was okay but I only had time for a very quick look.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #10666 on: 07 September 2020, 10:49 »
Embarrassed to say I deliberately tried to see how many miles I could get out of a 38 mile trip in the R with a mixture of motorway and round the houses.
It was at 44.3 but by the time I got my phone out and took the picture it had dropped slightly.
I recon I could have got more if I had put it into Eco mode and used the freewheel feature on a couple of small hills I went down.
Not bad for a car that has so much power on tap.

Very impressive. I can do a 60-mile trip to my dad's (we have a small dog and a small amount of luggage, with 2 people) in my GTI performance, and I'm lucky to get over 40

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #10667 on: 07 September 2020, 12:42 »
Dropped mine off at the dealer for a repair. I was hoping to get a MK8 as a loan car but I suppose that was wishful thinking. Would've been nice to see what one was like to drive and try out the buttonless dash. So I got a 69 reg petrol Bluemotion which I'm assuming is the 1.5 as it has the cylinder deactivation tech. It managed 62mpg on the way home over 20 miles,

62mg on a courtesy car? You should be ashamed of yourself  :laugh:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #10668 on: 07 September 2020, 14:08 »
Had a trip down to London last weeks and managed to get a very impressive 67 mpg at an average of 60mph

Of course it will be over-reading as I have a DTUK box fitted but hey never seen that before :smug:
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #10669 on: 07 September 2020, 14:18 »
Got this out of my GTI the other day. Thing was I wasn’t trying for an economy run, just keeping up with the traffic on the motorway (max 70mph) but typically cruising at 60-65.

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras