Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785025 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10510 on: 29 July 2020, 12:21 »
Wash day today and a top up wax. More work to be done but gradually getting the finish nearer to where I want it to be.

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #10511 on: 29 July 2020, 12:57 »
I’m not sure those pictures should be legal! Looking fantastic.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10512 on: 29 July 2020, 13:31 »
I’m not sure those pictures should be legal! Looking fantastic.

:grin: Thanks!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #10513 on: 29 July 2020, 13:40 »
I always found it hard to get a good deep gloss on a white car (not least to photograph it), but you seem to have succeeded. Looks very nice.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #10514 on: 29 July 2020, 13:58 »
Wash day today and a top up wax. More work to be done but gradually getting the finish nearer to where I want it to be.

Looking good Watts!

Followed a TCR today, seen a couple of times in Sheffield. I know some owners haven't seen another on the road so thought I'd share this one! Made me want another Golf....  :whistle:

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #10515 on: 29 July 2020, 14:03 »

Looking good @Watts. Nice Lupo parked up on the opposite side of the street too.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10516 on: 29 July 2020, 14:39 »
I always found it hard to get a good deep gloss on a white car (not least to photograph it), but you seem to have succeeded. Looks very nice.

Thanks for that :smiley:. TR was a much more rewarding colour to wash but still pleased with the Oryx, just wish it would sparkle a bit more.

Looking good Watts!

Followed a TCR today, seen a couple of times in Sheffield. I know some owners haven't seen another on the road so thought I'd share this one! Made me want another Golf....  :whistle:

Cheers Jim! I've only seen two TCRs on the road, one was German registered in black, not the best colour for a TCR.

Looking good @Watts. Nice Lupo parked up on the opposite side of the street too.

Cheers SR! The Lupo is my OH's, I'm fairly certain it hasn't been washed this year, it's filthy! May give it a wash for her next week.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #10517 on: 29 July 2020, 15:29 »

Thanks for that :smiley:. TR was a much more rewarding colour to wash but still pleased with the Oryx, just wish it would sparkle a bit more.

Watts you should try a sealant instead of wax, I’ve always found it to work better on white cars, i feel it gives them a little more bling or pop - you could just do the bonnet and see if it gives you anything extra

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10518 on: 29 July 2020, 15:49 »
Watts you should try a sealant instead of wax, I’ve always found it to work better on white cars, i feel it gives them a little more bling or pop - you could just do the bonnet and see if it gives you anything extra

Thanks for that, interesting. I've a bottle of Gtechniq C2v3, I could try that. Any particular sealant you're thinking of?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10519 on: 29 July 2020, 15:55 »

It's a lovely bright sunny day today in deepest Hampshire, ideal unless you're trying to take a few Q&D iPhone shots of a very shiny car.  Mustn't complain, so here it is.  From the state of the paintwork, and the complete absence of swirls, holograms or other nasties, it's either been very well looked after, or been detailed recently.  The condition of the wheels would seem to indicate the former, as there are no kerbing marks on any of them.

The "to do" list includes a trip to my local wheel alignment chap - it feels straight, but I just want to make sure, and check for any fault codes.  Otherwise, it seems to be in excellent shape, so I'll just drive it and enjoy it.