Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785042 times)

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10480 on: 22 July 2020, 22:46 »
I haven't really done anything of late to any of the cars which is unlike me but with lockdown I've done the same as most and spent a fortune on tech and other stuff for the home/garden lol.

But I finally gave my OZ 19's in for a refurb as always hated them being black.

Picked them up today and had them redone in Audi Grey (they called it that). Absolutely love the look of them. Need to give them a clean and put some wax on them and will get some pics up once they're on at the weekend.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #10481 on: 23 July 2020, 00:30 »
Embarrassed to say I deliberately tried to see how many miles I could get out of a 38 mile trip in the R with a mixture of motorway and round the houses.
It was at 44.3 but by the time I got my phone out and took the picture it had dropped slightly.
I recon I could have got more if I had put it into Eco mode and used the freewheel feature on a couple of small hills I went down.
Not bad for a car that has so much power on tap.

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10482 on: 23 July 2020, 06:16 »
Embarrassed to say I deliberately tried to see how many miles I could get out of a 38 mile trip in the R with a mixture of motorway and round the houses.
It was at 44.3 but by the time I got my phone out and took the picture it had dropped slightly.
I recon I could have got more if I had put it into Eco mode and used the freewheel feature on a couple of small hills I went down.
Not bad for a car that has so much power on tap.

Good effort. I managed 42 in my TCR on a 19 mile journey the other day. I wasn't trying, it was just most of it was 40s with average speed cameras so had no choice.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #10483 on: 23 July 2020, 07:02 »
Traded my 7 PP in yesterday for a TCR that was ordered at the beginning of January. Easy 50 odd mile journey straight to my detailer and got 40mpg. 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #10484 on: 24 July 2020, 11:38 »
Took mine to get the windscreen replaced today. Always worries me leaving it somewhere.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #10485 on: 24 July 2020, 17:26 »
Polished a small area of a bird crap etching in the clear coat, 99% improvement. Seagulls take such big nasty craps, I hate working next to the sea. Might invest in a car tent for my space in the work car park  :grin:
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #10486 on: 24 July 2020, 20:53 »
Polished a small area of a bird crap etching in the clear coat, 99% improvement. Seagulls take such big nasty craps, I hate working next to the sea. Might invest in a car tent for my space in the work car park  :grin:

I live on the coast and seagull sh!te has got worse over lockdown - not so many people at the coast dropping chips for the seagulls making them do some serious scavenging? The stuff I've seen on mine seems to be full of seaweed and sand. I'd shoot the lot of them, they're a menace.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #10487 on: 24 July 2020, 21:09 »
Just a minor one; got rid of the God awful main dealer fob and replaced it with something much nicer.
Yeah yeah, I know it's GTD and not GTI but I can live with that! :grin:

Much better but they do the correct colour GTi one, I sold mine recently on here.

Do they? I searched high and low for one!! Even the hopeless dealer couldn't find a GTI one.
There were some on eBay but I wanted OEM.
If anyone has a link to a GTI one I'd appreciate it

Ive got a genuine GTI one if you want it, it can be yours for £12 including postage!!
« Last Edit: 24 July 2020, 21:12 by Gtiless »

Offline Norwich7point5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #10488 on: 25 July 2020, 14:25 »
Just a minor one; got rid of the God awful main dealer fob and replaced it with something much nicer.
Yeah yeah, I know it's GTD and not GTI but I can live with that! :grin:

Much better but they do the correct colour GTi one, I sold mine recently on here.

Do they? I searched high and low for one!! Even the hopeless dealer couldn't find a GTI one.
There were some on eBay but I wanted OEM.
If anyone has a link to a GTI one I'd appreciate it

Ive got a genuine GTI one if you want it, it can be yours for £12 including postage!!

Oh definitely! Have you a piccy of it?
2017 mk7.5 Indium Grey Metallic GTI - 3 door - Manual - Art Velours - Brescia 19s - No fog lights!

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #10489 on: 25 July 2020, 22:36 »
Thanks for the interest the Gti keyring has been sold to the first PM i received.