Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785013 times)

Offline baka

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10400 on: 23 June 2020, 17:43 »
Ordered some Brooklyn's

Looking forwards to seeing pictures of the Brooklyn's on the car. I'm old school when it comes to wheels much prefer silver to black.

Thanks, I'll get some pictures up once I get them fitted. I wanted to go down to 17's whilst keeping everything OEM. 

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #10401 on: 23 June 2020, 17:51 »
I wonder if there is a slight difference in the DSG and manual footrests which means the manual requires no fettling. Mine definitely did and I see how Booth11 had cut the lugs on his.
no difference between them, it's just pot luck.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #10402 on: 23 June 2020, 17:53 »
Ordered some Brooklyn's

Looking forwards to seeing pictures of the Brooklyn's on the car. I'm old school when it comes to wheels much prefer silver to black.

Thanks, I'll get some pictures up once I get them fitted. I wanted to go down to 17's whilst keeping everything OEM.
I hope you don't have a pp GTi?

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #10403 on: 23 June 2020, 18:45 »
I wonder if there is a slight difference in the DSG and manual footrests which means the manual requires no fettling. Mine definitely did and I see how Booth11 had cut the lugs on his.

On her’s you mean  :wink:
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #10404 on: 23 June 2020, 18:55 »
Ordered some Brooklyn's

Why? 17s fit over the PP brakes.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #10405 on: 23 June 2020, 19:16 »
Ordered some Brooklyn's

don't think they do do they? Didn't someone have some 17s and they scraped on the balancing weights. Is it not why the winter options are 18s?
« Last Edit: 23 June 2020, 19:18 by mcmaddy »

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #10406 on: 23 June 2020, 21:37 »
Service no. 7. MOT no.5. 71K.

No issues. Still love this car.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline bogwoppit

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10407 on: 23 June 2020, 21:48 »
Ordered some Brooklyn's

don't think they do do they? Didn't someone have some 17s and they scraped on the balancing weights. Is it not why the winter options are 18s?

We run 17s on our PP in winter. The Dijon wheels from a Golf GT clear the brakes OK.
BMW 128ti - current

Mk 7.5 GTI PP, indium grey, manual - gone

Offline baka

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10408 on: 23 June 2020, 21:50 »
Ordered some Brooklyn's

I do, just like this guy.  :smiley:

There's threads on MK7/ROC/Vortex of people listing all the OEM 17's that fit over PP/R brakes. Some are pretty tight and need low profile weights, but a lot of them fit no problem.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #10409 on: 23 June 2020, 22:48 »
Ordered some Brooklyn's

I do, just like this guy.  :smiley:

There's threads on MK7/ROC/Vortex of people listing all the OEM 17's that fit over PP/R brakes. Some are pretty tight and need low profile weights, but a lot of them fit no problem.
👍👍