Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784997 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10250 on: 09 May 2020, 17:47 »
It's showing 2 weeks delivery on my order but to be honest I haven't even got the car yet  :grin:

I got a despatch notification for the paddles about an hour ago. It's got a UK origin shipping number so the stock is in the UK and has been posted from within the UK. I'm guessing Tuesday/Wednesday for delivery.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #10251 on: 09 May 2020, 17:55 »
It's showing 2 weeks delivery on my order but to be honest I haven't even got the car yet  :grin:

I got a despatch notification for the paddles about an hour ago. It's got a UK origin shipping number so the stock is in the UK and has been posted from within the UK. I'm guessing Tuesday/Wednesday for delivery.
yes I got the same.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline N14ll

• Not said much yet
« Reply #10252 on: 09 May 2020, 19:20 »
After a quick wash down I discovered the previous owner had had ppf applied to front & rear bumper. Great news considering I was just thinking of getting front end done. Now just need to get the paint correction /restoration done & ceramic coating. Gave it a quick wash in the afternoon sun & not looking too bad

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2yp0fo48ei9nfi/IMG_20200509_184319_774.jpg?dl=0
2019 Mk7.5 GTI PP
Pure White, DSG, ACC, DCC, Pano roof, 19 Brescias, Rieger rear diffuser....at the moment😂

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #10253 on: 10 May 2020, 10:45 »
Finally gave my battery a charge after I worked out which mode to use on my CTEK MXS 5.0 charger. The battery on mine is stamped EFB but one of the modes on the charger is AGM. It’s not clear in the user guide as both types are commonly used on stop/start batteries. The normal mode says (many AGM) and then there is the AGM mode but no mention of EFM. So did a bit of googling and found some info from a guy on the Briskoda forum who had the same issue as me. I.e EFB battery but not sure which mode to use. He contacted CTEK and they confirmed the MXS 5.0 is compatible with EFB but to use the Norm mode to charge 👍
What a faff but got there in the end 🥳
« Last Edit: 10 May 2020, 10:47 by JB GTI »
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #10254 on: 15 May 2020, 19:14 »
Today I discovered the (dubious) delights of Chocolate Weetabix.
I didn’t know they even existed until yesterday when I found a box in the cupboard. They’re on offer in Sainsburys in case anyone has a burning desire to sample this cultural delight.

Yesterday I discovered that the TCR actually suffers torque-steer.
At least mine does!
I’d never experienced it in my other mk7’s so it was a bit of a surprise. Maybe my tyres are flat.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10255 on: 15 May 2020, 19:46 »
Chocolate Weetabix? Whatever next!

I've not had any torque steer, sounds odd.

Gave mine a good wash today, it was bogging with all the dust mixed with early morning dew. The paint felt like sandpaper. Then the obligatory weekly trip to the supermarket, so nice to get out and about and enjoy a drive :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline bogwoppit

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10256 on: 16 May 2020, 09:32 »
Last couple of days I have spent stripping down the rear brakes, and then cleaning and painting the rear hubs.
Surprised that they aren't painted at the VW factory, the car is only 10 months old.  :shocked:
No doubt some cost saving exercise.

Today I will be stripping the front brakes down to do the same to front hubs.
BMW 128ti - current

Mk 7.5 GTI PP, indium grey, manual - gone

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #10257 on: 16 May 2020, 11:51 »
Last couple of days I have spent stripping down the rear brakes, and then cleaning and painting the rear hubs.
Surprised that they aren't painted at the VW factory, the car is only 10 months old.  :shocked:
No doubt some cost saving exercise.

Today I will be stripping the front brakes down to do the same to front hubs.

Your post needs some pictures!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline bogwoppit

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10258 on: 16 May 2020, 13:26 »
You beauty, the front hubs aren't magnetic !! :smiley:

That's saved me a job, I'll just give them a light coating of waxoyl while I've got the wheels off.
I will paint the 'bell' section of the front discs though, as they look grotty through the wheels.

The rear hubs are 100% magnetic though, as I just double checked them.
They got 2 coats of hammerite smooth and then a coating of waxoyl. Rear disc 'bells' got some paint too.

The photos I took are really poor, but I will see what I can do
BMW 128ti - current

Mk 7.5 GTI PP, indium grey, manual - gone

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #10259 on: 17 May 2020, 11:40 »
Chocolate Weetabix? Whatever next!

I've not had any torque steer, sounds odd.

Gave mine a good wash today, it was bogging with all the dust mixed with early morning dew. The paint felt like sandpaper. Then the obligatory weekly trip to the supermarket, so nice to get out and about and enjoy a drive :smiley:

The torque steer was a bit unexpected, hence the post!
Despite running various engine tunes on previous VW’s I’d not experienced torque steer to any significant degree since my much missed Polo G40 24 years ago.

Snicked the lever back to engage S mode around 40mph, hit the go pedal to overtake a dawdler, the gearbox  selected third, and hey presto: torque steer.
Must get round to checking tyre pressures, my son has buggered off with my portable blower upper.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner