Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785060 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10150 on: 04 April 2020, 19:19 »
With the roads being so empty, been able to give it some beans on the way to work. Must admit the combination of a pedal box and a Racechip RS makes the daily commute much more fun (I am classed as a key worker BTW).  290+ bhp on a standard 7.5 GTI make the TC flash in 3rd on a cold morning  :evil:

Was tempted with a Racechip box, good gains! Might have to invest for next car...  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #10151 on: 04 April 2020, 21:08 »
 Bought a CTEK MXS 5.0 as currently using mine even less than I was already. This should keep it ticking over while we see out the current madness
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline golf nutter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #10152 on: 05 April 2020, 15:21 »
took the rear chrome effect emblem off and replaced it with a black one as well as putting vinyl inserts into the wheel GTi logo. 

Nice, need the silver GTI badges done to match!

going to remove the rear one and have a badgeskins vinyl inlays for the front badge...might just go and do that now.
Mk7 GTi; Mk5 GTi; Mk4 GT TDI; Mk3 VR6; Mk1 GTi;
Mk1 GTi Sportline

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10153 on: 06 April 2020, 13:29 »
Bought a CTEK MXS 5.0 as currently using mine even less than I was already. This should keep it ticking over while we see out the current madness

Mine's on at the moment.  I'm only using the car once or twice a week, and only for relatively short journeys.  I've got into the habit of checking the battery condition (holding down the trip meter reset button) when I park the car at home, and the last time it showed a SOC (State Of Charge) of 70%.  I don't know how accurate the reading is, as it only seems to show values to the nearest 10%, but as the car is parked up for several days at a time there's no harm in putting a battery conditioner on every couple of weeks.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #10154 on: 06 April 2020, 16:19 »
took the rear chrome effect emblem off and replaced it with a black one as well as putting vinyl inserts into the wheel GTi logo. 

Nice, need the silver GTI badges done to match!

Personally, I like the GTI and think it would look odd not having one. I had the Badgeskins gloss black GTI vinyls on my previous one and they look great.

going to remove the rear one and have a badgeskins vinyl inlays for the front badge...might just go and do that now.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline golf nutter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #10155 on: 06 April 2020, 16:24 »
wish i had thought about the black GTi inlays for the rear badge...that might have looked better than removing it...be good to see yours before I decide.

done these little bits just now...

the side badge (blade)...not a great colour match...not sure about it at all if i am honest at the moment.
Mk1 GTi Sportline

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #10156 on: 06 April 2020, 19:06 »
Here's the back one. Did really like them against the Indium grey and so much nice than the standard silver.

NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline golf nutter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #10157 on: 06 April 2020, 20:06 »
yes...definitely looks good against the grey.  i am thinking black at the rear as i have red at the front.  cheers.
Mk1 GTi Sportline

Offline DubmanSam

• Not said much yet
« Reply #10158 on: 07 April 2020, 13:56 »
Finally the weather to get my summer wheels and new Maxton spoiler extension on

2016 MK7 Golf GTI PP Solid White, Eibach Pro-Kit, Forge Intake Pipe, CTS Turbo Inlet, Pipercross Filter, Rear Wiper Delete, 10mm Spacers Front, 15mm Spacers Rear, VCDS tweaks, ST Suspension RARB, 034 Motorsport Engine Mounts, Centre Resonator Delete, REVO Turbo Muffler Delete, Sachs Performance Clutch, S3 Short Shifter, Clutch Bump Stop, Clutch Delay Valve Removed

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #10159 on: 07 April 2020, 14:02 »
Very nice! Rotiform might be 'recycling' old wheel designs but they don't half do a good job of it  :cool:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity