Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785052 times)

Offline Catnapper

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10000 on: 12 February 2020, 10:39 »
@Watts, congrats. Forget the colour- you’ll get over that. Real question is will you miss a proper gearbox?

This is the exact reason I'm not selling mine.
I'd need to run a DSG for a few months to see how I'd get on. That obviously ain't going to happen.
Still keeping an eye for a CS40 manual though.
MK7.5 Indium Grey 19" Brescia Alloys

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10001 on: 12 February 2020, 10:45 »
@Watts, congrats. Forget the colour- you’ll get over that. Real question is will you miss a proper gearbox?

This is the exact reason I'm not selling mine.
I'd need to run a DSG for a few months to see how I'd get on. That obviously ain't going to happen.
Still keeping an eye for a CS40 manual though.

I only had a quick look but this might be worth considering?

https://www.martins.uk.com/volkswagen/used-cars/10858211-volkswagen-golf-2.0-tsi-gti-clubsport-edition-40-265-ps-3dr/
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #10002 on: 12 February 2020, 11:33 »
I only had a quick look but this might be worth considering?

https://www.martins.uk.com/volkswagen/used-cars/10858211-volkswagen-golf-2.0-tsi-gti-clubsport-edition-40-265-ps-3dr/

That is nice and yeah they are the same wheels as mine.

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10003 on: 12 February 2020, 11:53 »
Congrats Watts! A lovely looking example in a great spec, I hope your bank account recovers in time but your new car looks far better than what VW have in store to kill off ICE desirability once and for all  https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/new-2020-volkswagen-golf-r-seen-without-disguise

Now that's how to kill off repeat business from earlier mark owners!!

I couldn't really miss the blue callipers….. is that just a change in colour from the slightly bland silver to more the R signature colour or is that actually to denote a hybrid as other manufacturers do??? I know there's been a lot of talk about 48v or not but has that absolutely been confirmed yet?

Either way would you pay north of 40k and £500 a year tax to have that thing on your drive?!?!? :shocked:

2019 (68) GTI PERFORMANCE DSG - new baby
2016 (66) GOLF R DSG - gone but definitely not forgotten

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #10004 on: 12 February 2020, 13:01 »
I know there's been a lot of talk about 48v or not but has that absolutely been confirmed yet?

No 48v (mild) hybrid for the performance Mk8's.

In fact, I'm not sure if any of the Mk8's announced yet are 48v hybrids.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10005 on: 12 February 2020, 15:36 »

That looks superb Watts.  Pistonheads have even changed their landing page photo in homage to white GTI's for you :smiley:

Thanks Philip :smiley: I can't see that on PH, do you have a link please?

https://www.pistonheads.com/  :cool:

Wasn't that nice of them? :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10006 on: 12 February 2020, 15:51 »
Got a few important jobs done today. OH's and my kagools in the door pockets. Dusted the dash and cleaned fingerprints off the gloss black trims and wiped the instruments screen which looked like a dirty rag had been rubbed all over it (and probably had). Umbrella in the boot. Changed over the insurance (I had it on VW's complimentary 5 days drive it away) and upped the cover to 10k miles a year, just in case :smiley:. So then it was covered to have the pedalbox fitted....

Now I know they aren't for everyone but it made a big difference to the enjoyment of my PP so I had to try it. So easy to fit too. And it has made an important difference, the car is more responsive and doesn't hesitate so much when you ask it for more go. There's a bit more urgency to it and you can feel some muscle from the engine. I gave S a go on the gearbox and I can see the point of it and when it will be useful but it can be a bit much and D was too much the opposite. I've only had a quick 5 mile run to test out the pedalbox but so far it seems to bring D into a happy everyday middle ground so well worth it :smiley:

Oh, and the most important job also completed, my National Trust 2020 parking permit in the window :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #10007 on: 12 February 2020, 20:08 »
Sounds like home from home in the TCR already Watts!

I can but echo your thoughts on the Pedalbox and gearbox modes.
For years even our most diehard DSG’ers have lamented the lack of a mode between D and S.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
« Reply #10008 on: 13 February 2020, 06:12 »
Just me left then.  :huh:

Did you trade or sell privately the PP. Last month I entered talks with a dealer and got offered 13k for a trade in on mine. Tadge disappointed. The other day my nearside wing mirror glass fell out, guess it felt compelled to after the offside departed a few months back. Anyway sat in my local dealers waiting for the fix noticed a TCR in grey. Got to say mate a good looking car  bet you are well chuffed.  :cool:

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #10009 on: 13 February 2020, 08:32 »
Very nice Watts, but you do realise any non-TR Golf is automatically slower than any other colour variant!?

How are you getting on with the DSG? I've had mine 2 years today and I'm still not sure about it. Great for lazy driving as are all the electric aids like lane assist, ACC etc but I like to feel involved, I just think maybe modern day cars aren't for me.

If I were to get a decent price for mine I'd sell up and get something older I reckon, just don't know what - any suggestions?