Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9900 on: 19 January 2020, 20:41 »
Some nice venues/pics guys. I wish I’d got out today but weather wasn’t great early morning. Just decided to give the old girl a wash.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #9901 on: 19 January 2020, 20:47 »
Some nice venues/pics guys. I wish I’d got out today but weather wasn’t great early morning. Just decided to give the old girl a wash.

Should have told her to wash herself, and gone outside and washed the car instead...  :whistle:
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #9902 on: 19 January 2020, 20:54 »

Should have told her to wash herself, and gone outside and washed the car instead...  :whistle:

:grin: wondered how quick a reply I’d get to that  :grin:

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #9903 on: 19 January 2020, 20:56 »

Six minutes lol 🔥🔥🔥
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #9904 on: 19 January 2020, 20:58 »

Six minutes lol 🔥🔥🔥

Not bad. Could have been quicker, sounds like need to go Stage 2 for extra speed  :laugh:

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9905 on: 19 January 2020, 21:15 »
Some lovely beading this am. Gave the roof a coating of Gtechniq C2 to try out at the weekend - this is a simple spray. Literally sprayed in on wet and wiped with a microfibre then buffed with another microfibre.

Thought I'd post here as sure they are plenty of people who don't want to get into detailing and this is very easy to use. Will see how it fairs in the coming months but this only took about 2 mins to apply to the roof. Might try doing it again when I wash the car properly.

https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/gtechniq/c2-liquid-crystal.aspx

Looks good Jim! Can this be used as a primary sealant or is it only really a top-up for ceramic coatings? I’ve used Fusso99 in the past and not been overly impressed - I only seem to get a few weeks from it, not months as per the reviews. I find Bilt Hamber DSP to be better personally. Curious about C2 for the speed & simplicity though, so how’s the durability? Cheers.

Cleaned it yesterday and applied it to pretty much to the whole car so will keep you posted over the next few weeks/month to see how it lasts.

Unfortunately it didn’t stay clean very long after today’s blast round the Peaks...

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9906 on: 19 January 2020, 21:18 »
Got up early and went for a drive in the Peaks with a few mates... So good to get out before the Sunday drivers! Although it dropped to -4.5 degrees in one village!

Niiiice! Whereabouts in the peaks did you go? Some of the roads and scenery is stunning!

We did a loop of some roads from Sheffield/Ringinglow out to Lognor and back towards Matlock and Chatsworth. Back roads mainly so lots of ice/snowy slush and mud. Great fun though.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #9907 on: 19 January 2020, 21:30 »
Some lovely beading this am. Gave the roof a coating of Gtechniq C2 to try out at the weekend - this is a simple spray. Literally sprayed in on wet and wiped with a microfibre then buffed with another microfibre.

Thought I'd post here as sure they are plenty of people who don't want to get into detailing and this is very easy to use. Will see how it fairs in the coming months but this only took about 2 mins to apply to the roof. Might try doing it again when I wash the car properly.

https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/gtechniq/c2-liquid-crystal.aspx

Looks good Jim! Can this be used as a primary sealant or is it only really a top-up for ceramic coatings? I’ve used Fusso99 in the past and not been overly impressed - I only seem to get a few weeks from it, not months as per the reviews. I find Bilt Hamber DSP to be better personally. Curious about C2 for the speed & simplicity though, so how’s the durability? Cheers.

Cleaned it yesterday and applied it to pretty much to the whole car so will keep you posted over the next few weeks/month to see how it lasts.

Unfortunately it didn’t stay clean very long after today’s blast round the Peaks...

Shame you couldn't get the graffiti off first time around. Never mind, the dirt hides it well  :wink:
7.5 GTD

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9908 on: 19 January 2020, 21:32 »
Got up early and went for a drive in the Peaks with a few mates... So good to get out before the Sunday drivers! Although it dropped to -4.5 degrees in one village!

Niiiice! Whereabouts in the peaks did you go? Some of the roads and scenery is stunning!

We did a loop of some roads from Sheffield/Ringinglow out to Lognor and back towards Matlock and Chatsworth. Back roads mainly so lots of ice/snowy slush and mud. Great fun though.

Great that you have such good driving roads near you. Lovely pictures too! If I was to invite a few mates out for a nice drive, what would the convoy consist of, let's see - a Seat Ateca, a Skoda Roomster, a Lexus GS...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9909 on: 20 January 2020, 08:32 »

Great that you have such good driving roads near you. Lovely pictures too! If I was to invite a few mates out for a nice drive, what would the convoy consist of, let's see - a Seat Ateca, a Skoda Roomster, a Lexus GS...

Think yourself lucky to have petrol head mates..... I live really close to some lovely roads in the Matlock area and my mates drive an Astra van, 1.5l focus and a Yaris….. no wonder they don't like going for a drive for the pleasure of it!! :shocked:
2019 (68) GTI PERFORMANCE DSG - new baby
2016 (66) GOLF R DSG - gone but definitely not forgotten