Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785074 times)

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9890 on: 14 January 2020, 10:59 »
They're brilliant the spray on sealants, you would've had to spend hours waxing to achieve a finish like that 10 years ago.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9891 on: 14 January 2020, 11:03 »
Sat in VW... Again. They know me by name now and they even know what I like to drink. Can't complain about their hospitality  :grin:

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9892 on: 14 January 2020, 11:53 »
Sat in VW... Again. They know me by name now and they even know what I like to drink. Can't complain about their hospitality  :grin:

I had this! Which one you at? JCT Sheffield have quite a good set up including driving seat with Forza! Didn't have ago but was tempted.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9893 on: 14 January 2020, 12:02 »

I had this! Which one you at? JCT Sheffield have quite a good set up including driving seat with Forza! Didn't have ago but was tempted.

JCT Wakefield. I went for a test drive at the Sheffield dealership, seemed alright to be fair, the salesman who took me out was a good bloke. I'm out now, problem solved. They've informed me theres a software update for the radio but I'm booked in for remapping next week so I'm in a bit of a sticky situation. I'll get in touch with Unicorn and see what they say.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9894 on: 19 January 2020, 14:09 »
Got up early and went for a drive in the Peaks with a few mates... So good to get out before the Sunday drivers! Although it dropped to -4.5 degrees in one village!

« Last Edit: 19 January 2020, 14:16 by Jim_mk7.5 »
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9895 on: 19 January 2020, 14:46 »
Wow! Beautiful pics and a diverse selection of machinery there Jim.

Today I took my TCR to Devon’s equivalent of Caffeine and Machine which is a little venue at an old wartime airfield and outdoor go-kart track called “Re:Fuel” having been nagged by a mate to go for months.

A great selection of cars from a huge ancient Blower Bentley, an F40, a Lamborghini with a child seat in the passenger seat (big respect to whoever owns that!) to lots of modern classics and the lowest ratio of mk7 Golf R to other car ratio I’ve ever seen out in the open!   :grin:

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9896 on: 19 January 2020, 15:12 »
Wow! Beautiful pics and a diverse selection of machinery there Jim.

Today I took my TCR to Devon’s equivalent of Caffeine and Machine which is a little venue at an old wartime airfield and outdoor go-kart track called “Re:Fuel” having been nagged by a mate to go for months.

A great selection of cars from a huge ancient Blower Bentley, an F40, a Lamborghini with a child seat in the passenger seat (big respect to whoever owns that!) to lots of modern classics and the lowest ratio of mk7 Golf R to other car ratio I’ve ever seen out in the open!   :grin:

Yes, good mix of cars out today.

Looks great - we don't have anything like that around here - think there is a Car Cafe at Nottingham which gets a good turnout when its a bit wamer.
NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9897 on: 19 January 2020, 16:01 »
Had a great day at Brooklands, plenty of pre-war cars out, seeing them giving their all up the test hill was fantastic! There was even a few Bugattis!

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9898 on: 19 January 2020, 19:03 »
Got up early and went for a drive in the Peaks with a few mates... So good to get out before the Sunday drivers! Although it dropped to -4.5 degrees in one village!

Niiiice! Whereabouts in the peaks did you go? Some of the roads and scenery is stunning!

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #9899 on: 19 January 2020, 19:39 »
Some lovely beading this am. Gave the roof a coating of Gtechniq C2 to try out at the weekend - this is a simple spray. Literally sprayed in on wet and wiped with a microfibre then buffed with another microfibre.

Thought I'd post here as sure they are plenty of people who don't want to get into detailing and this is very easy to use. Will see how it fairs in the coming months but this only took about 2 mins to apply to the roof. Might try doing it again when I wash the car properly.

https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/gtechniq/c2-liquid-crystal.aspx

Looks good Jim! Can this be used as a primary sealant or is it only really a top-up for ceramic coatings? I’ve used Fusso99 in the past and not been overly impressed - I only seem to get a few weeks from it, not months as per the reviews. I find Bilt Hamber DSP to be better personally. Curious about C2 for the speed & simplicity though, so how’s the durability? Cheers.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.