Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785031 times)

Offline Andy198

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9820 on: 03 January 2020, 17:33 »
@Mutley - can you let us know how you get on please? Interested in Carista for doing the exact same modifications and don't have any need/desire to go OBD and Android as on iOS stuff here.
I'm especially interested with the Stop/Start voltage thing - do you get the dash message every time that the stop start would have worked throughout a journey, or does it only flag once at the first? Cheers, hope this makes sense.
GTI PP Mk7.5 with DCC, Sunroof, Brescias / BBS SR & 90% Tints

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #9821 on: 03 January 2020, 19:04 »
@Mutley - can you let us know how you get on please? Interested in Carista for doing the exact same modifications and don't have any need/desire to go OBD and Android as on iOS stuff here.
I'm especially interested with the Stop/Start voltage thing - do you get the dash message every time that the stop start would have worked throughout a journey, or does it only flag once at the first? Cheers, hope this makes sense.

Sure, replacement has been ordered, arriving Monday.  I'll so some fiddling around Monday night and will report back here. 
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9822 on: 03 January 2020, 19:47 »
Gave it a good old clean today; engine bay, windows, exterior, interior. It'll be filthy again by the time I get to work tomorrow morning 😣

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #9823 on: 03 January 2020, 21:13 »
Must have rubbed too hard - you’ve scrubbed all the letters off your number plates.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9824 on: 03 January 2020, 21:15 »
Must have rubbed too hard - you’ve scrubbed all the letters off your number plates.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #9825 on: 03 January 2020, 21:20 »
Cleaned mine last Saturday. Have successfully avoided using it since. May use it tomorrow but trying to keep it immaculate ready to get dirty on the Monday morning commute. Don’t ask why, because I don’t know. I’m just weird like that. Has to be spotless to start a new week!

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9826 on: 03 January 2020, 21:32 »
Cleaned mine last Saturday. Have successfully avoided using it since. May use it tomorrow but trying to keep it immaculate ready to get dirty on the Monday morning commute. Don’t ask why, because I don’t know. I’m just weird like that. Has to be spotless to start a new week!

I'm like that but I tend to keep washes to a minimum in winter.

Offline Jason b

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9827 on: 03 January 2020, 23:04 »
i can relate to that ! cleaned the GTi  over the break ,A quick polish to with a detail spray wax also plus treated the matts a good going over with the responsible adults Shark hoover thing then parked it and used my 60 plate  Citreon C1 all week  :whistle:
Night blue MK7 GTI keyless winter pack nav camers etc very partial to a Ducati and a Fs1e.A serial Le Mans 24 attendee 13 starts in a row to date

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9828 on: 04 January 2020, 21:23 »
Year 2 service done today on its birthday 🎂
Still love it. It’s only done just shy of 9.5K though  :smug:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9829 on: 06 January 2020, 09:17 »
Gave it a good old clean today; engine bay, windows, exterior, interior. It'll be filthy again by the time I get to work tomorrow morning 😣

3 days later and it's still clean! God bless the climate crisis!!!