Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785009 times)

Offline SteveMK7.5

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9800 on: 30 December 2019, 12:27 »
got rid of the soundaktor via OBDeleven, thank god for that...

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9801 on: 30 December 2019, 15:24 »
got rid of the soundaktor via OBDeleven, thank god for that...

I bought my OBDeleven on the train journey to pick up my car for this exact reason. Whoever thought fake engine sound was a good idea wants sacking!

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #9802 on: 30 December 2019, 16:08 »
The brake pad warning light came out, although I knew there was plenty of life left in the pads. Checked the sensor and it had been rubbing against the caliper, damaging the wire. Rather than order a new sensor from racingline, I just cut the current one down a little and looped it with some solder. I know the light won't come on at all now, but I always keep a close eye on my pads anyhow. It did the trick and the light went out straight away.
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9803 on: 30 December 2019, 17:56 »
Gave the Golf a clean first since we travelled to Ypres for the weekend great car for weekend away as I should be

also going to book it for a Major service via the service plan,

will then have 5 vw dealer stamps in the book

Same here, quick but much-needed wash for me too...  :smiley:

Really do like the Tungsten colour, might have to look at options to purchase this when the lease ends...

very nice Jim .and im sure anyone would be delighted to have that long term p,s  Do you still have the Hyperstrada ?

the new Hypermotard 950 seems Very competent especially  the SP  :laugh:

Yes, tempting to try and keep it if possible although itching for something a little quicker..

Still got the HS, not been used for a while but hoping to get a ride on it this week.

Rode a new 950SP as my mate had one for a bit. Feels like a completely different bike despite having the same engine.

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Jason b

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9804 on: 30 December 2019, 19:01 »
Nice

The Golf is very good at everything the Ducati is seriously good out right Fun
Night blue MK7 GTI keyless winter pack nav camers etc very partial to a Ducati and a Fs1e.A serial Le Mans 24 attendee 13 starts in a row to date

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #9805 on: 30 December 2019, 19:43 »
Gave mine its weekly wash yesterday and today it was given a very light & quick machine polish (could have been done by hand as it was last polished in October but I was feeling lazy) then gave it a fresh coat of sealant ready for the winter grime.

Questions about the sound aktuator, following the posts above:

1) Does it engage if the stereo is on? If so, it’s going to be ruining my Dynaudio!

2) How does the engine sound with it deactivated? I personally find the sound with it on (and stereo off) to be a little harsh & gravelly, not a nice sound at all.

Tempted with VCDS or ODB11 to deactivate it along with the bonnet wax trasher aka the headlight washers.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9806 on: 30 December 2019, 20:07 »
Soundaktor has got nothing to do with the head unit so won't be affecting Dynaudio. Car doesn't sound that bad without it to be honest certainly better than with the soundaktor on.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #9807 on: 30 December 2019, 21:02 »

So, does OBDeleven now work on iPhone exactly the same as it does on Android? Reports have been conflicting. Tempted.

Well mine seems to be working perfectly so far on my iPhone. I’ve scanned and cleared errors and now done a couple of more app mods. Heated seat memory, front DRL reverse pulse with the indicator and intense brake lights.

Oh and yeah coded out the headlight washers ... yay.

All coded straight away. Perhaps the long coding might be slightly different if I upgrade to the pro version.

@mutley75 the soundaktor on mine has been coded off and I have Dynaudio and as they’re independent it’s all good.
« Last Edit: 30 December 2019, 21:10 by rajb »

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #9808 on: 31 December 2019, 00:08 »
I think we have crossed wires, I get the aktuator and Dynaudio are separate, what I meant is that with fake engine sound making the cabin noisier than it otherwise would be, it will be adding unwanted background noise to the quality of the stereo. ie Dynaudio will sounds even better with no aktuator. Maybe?
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #9809 on: 31 December 2019, 01:21 »
I think we have crossed wires, I get the aktuator and Dynaudio are separate, what I meant is that with fake engine sound making the cabin noisier than it otherwise would be, it will be adding unwanted background noise to the quality of the stereo. ie Dynaudio will sounds even better with no aktuator. Maybe?

In my experience the volume of cabin noise is similar with the soundaktor on or off - subjectively the soundaktor may be just a tad noisier, if any, but really it's just a different kind of sound.
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.