Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785058 times)

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9740 on: 10 December 2019, 09:20 »
Noticed a small pool of water in the under tray. Turns out it was coolant. A little staining on the block and around the water pump area, so I assume this is the culprit. Left it in today for full diagnosis. It must be a very slow weep rather than leak, as I haven't had to top the coolant up.
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #9741 on: 10 December 2019, 10:14 »
Are VW still using the crappy plastic impeller water pumps, or have they seen the light and starting fitted metal impeller ones yet ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #9742 on: 10 December 2019, 10:31 »
Are VW still using the crappy plastic impeller water pumps, or have they seen the light and starting fitted metal impeller ones yet ?

I'm not entirely sure to be honest, but I have just got word back that the car needs a new water pump and thermostat housing. Total comes to £550 which includes staff discount  :cry:not what I need a couple of weeks before Christmas!
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9743 on: 10 December 2019, 10:32 »

I was just thinking exactly the same..... I had an Audi about 12 years ago that suffered the same fate, surely things have moved on by now?!?! :undecided:
2019 (68) GTI PERFORMANCE DSG - new baby
2016 (66) GOLF R DSG - gone but definitely not forgotten

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9744 on: 10 December 2019, 10:35 »

I'm not entirely sure to be honest, but I have just got word back that the car needs a new water pump and thermostat housing. Total comes to £550 which includes staff discount  :cry:not what I need a couple of weeks before Christmas!

Ouch..... Merry Christmas!!!! sorry to hear that, suppose at least you get a staff discount!!

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9745 on: 10 December 2019, 10:37 »
I was going to say have you pushed VW to see if they'd contribute with it being a 2016 and only just outside warranty but from your signature I suppose its not exactly standard!! :whistle:

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #9746 on: 10 December 2019, 11:29 »
I was going to say have you pushed VW to see if they'd contribute with it being a 2016 and only just outside warranty but from your signature I suppose its not exactly standard!! :whistle:

This is it. I knew there would be none with all the mods, and staff discount helped a bit anyhow.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9747 on: 10 December 2019, 14:10 »
Washed it for the first time in almost 2 month!! Longest it's ever gone without getting cleaned.

ONR was up to the job too, thought it might struggle with the car being so dirty. I'm fully ONR converted now!

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9748 on: 10 December 2019, 14:13 »
Washed it for the first time in almost 2 month!! Longest it's ever gone without getting cleaned.

ONR was up to the job too, thought it might struggle with the car being so dirty. I'm fully ONR converted now!

I can't bring myself to buy some!  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9749 on: 10 December 2019, 15:16 »

I can't bring myself to buy some!  :grin:

DO IT, DO IT! You'll never look back.