Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785067 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9580 on: 01 July 2019, 06:36 »
The interior in the ST was very nice and certainly looked nicer at first glance. The thing I noticed was the door shutting, on the Cupra it made a nice this whereas on the golf it's a bit tinny (could just be mine).
Exonian - the abt is only available on the ST version I believe and only 150 of them will be sold in the UK.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9581 on: 01 July 2019, 08:55 »
At the time I was looking at the Golf Estate I could get a fully loaded Cupra ST for about 4k less than the spec I wanted on my Golf. That was with a 6 speed DSG.

It now comes with the 7 speed and virtual cockpit... I think I'd go for the Cupra if I was going through it now. £28k is a bargain for what you get now in the Estate.

The Cupra does seem to lose more money though.

I keep eyeing the ST Carbon Edition on Autotrader, a few of them about used with low miles and looks really good with the carbon trim and good value compared to the £35k new price.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9582 on: 01 July 2019, 17:30 »
Thought I'd extend my drive a bit just for the fun of it on my run out to the supermarket. Kind of wish I hadn't now, nothing too dramatic but just at one traffic light controlled roundabout junction one young lady in a Fiat 500 nipped in front of me into a very tight space at the last possible moment without warning narrowly missing my front os. She then squeezed into the lane to the left of me which was left turn only just to go straight on :rolleyes: Then the elderly white haired gentleman behind her also not only went straight on from the left turn lane but cut across into my lane with no indication nearly catching my front ns. I gave him a polite burst on the horn just to have him lean out of his window and rather loud and aggressively advise me to "f**k off"! I only wanted to enjoy a relaxing drive in my car and get home with some red onions and asparagus :cry:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9583 on: 01 July 2019, 17:58 »
Thought I'd extend my drive a bit just for the fun of it on my run out to the supermarket. Kind of wish I hadn't now, nothing too dramatic but just at one traffic light controlled roundabout junction one young lady in a Fiat 500 nipped in front of me into a very tight space at the last possible moment without warning narrowly missing my front os. She then squeezed into the lane to the left of me which was left turn only just to go straight on :rolleyes: Then the elderly white haired gentleman behind her also not only went straight on from the left turn lane but cut across into my lane with no indication nearly catching my front ns. I gave him a polite burst on the horn just to have him lean out of his window and rather loud and aggressively advise me to "f**k off"! I only wanted to enjoy a relaxing drive in my car and get home with some red onions and asparagus :cry:

I know some people can't drive and wind you right up with their attitude when they're in the wrong.
We all make mistakes sometimes but some seem to drive as if they're the only ones on the road.
Collected and being driven....... Gti PP 5dr DSG Tornado red, tints and Brescia's.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #9584 on: 01 July 2019, 17:58 »
People are ace. I was pushing on riding my road bike yesterday, coming off a decent doing about 35mph when an elderly couple pulled out from a junction on the right, in front of me. Now I'm used to this happening, but generally they'll realise what they've done, stay on the wrong side of the road and accelerate away. Not this fella. He thought 22mph in front of me would suffice. I instinctively shouted at him, so he blew his horn and braked...hard.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9585 on: 01 July 2019, 18:15 »
People are ace. I was pushing on riding my road bike yesterday, coming off a decent doing about 35mph when an elderly couple pulled out from a junction on the right, in front of me. Now I'm used to this happening, but generally they'll realise what they've done, stay on the wrong side of the road and accelerate away. Not this fella. He thought 22mph in front of me would suffice. I instinctively shouted at him, so he blew his horn and braked...hard.

It never ceases to amaze me the attitude of some drivers to cyclists, even some colleagues get rather animated and aggressive towards them and they are normally perfectly reasonable and generous people. I think much of it boils down to your car being your own little world where you can say and do what you want because those outside of it are not real. The vast majority of people wouldn't actively risk killing another person but stick them in a car and the above is what can often happen.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9586 on: 01 July 2019, 18:30 »
Just on the subject of bikists I had a bit of a tool this morning going to work. Cars are expected to give bikists a decent amount of space when passing which I always do but this morning a guy that I'd passed at the top of a hill/incline decided it would be ok to gun past on the nearside without thinking that anyone would be wanting to turn left ahead. Guess what someone did and he went straight into the side of a brand new BMW,over the bonnet and left half the skin from his backside and legs on the road. The only lucky thing for him was he was wearing a helmet. He then picked himself up and started shouting at the BMW driver who had signalled correctly and turned in off the busy road. BMW guy got out of his car to inspect the damage at which point the bikist realised he was out muscled by the now angry BMW fella. He certainly didn't give bikists a good image to everyone else.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9587 on: 01 July 2019, 18:53 »
^^^ Just shows it doesn't matter if you are on 4 wheels, 2 wheels or even walking. A cock is just that :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9588 on: 01 July 2019, 19:15 »
 :grin: :grin:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9589 on: 01 July 2019, 19:20 »
Just on the subject of bikists I had a bit of a tool this morning going to work. Cars are expected to give bikists a decent amount of space when passing which I always do but this morning a guy that I'd passed at the top of a hill/incline decided it would be ok to gun past on the nearside without thinking that anyone would be wanting to turn left ahead. Guess what someone did and he went straight into the side of a brand new BMW,over the bonnet and left half the skin from his backside and legs on the road. The only lucky thing for him was he was wearing a helmet. He then picked himself up and started shouting at the BMW driver who had signalled correctly and turned in off the busy road. BMW guy got out of his car to inspect the damage at which point the bikist realised he was out muscled by the now angry BMW fella. He certainly didn't give bikists a good image to everyone else.

Hope you give a copy of your dashcam footage to BMW man Chris, and send another copy to you've been framed or rude tube - could be worth £250!

If that would happen to you and the cyclist then buggers off with their mangled bike, who's going to pay for the damage? If they do leave without giving over credentials, what are you going to do?

Something similar happened with me ages ago at Cullercoats. Bike bombing it up the arse of a car, car stops for pedestrian crossing, cyclist not maintaining a gap big enough for his braking capability relative to his speed goes into the boot. Big chunky bloke crammed into his lycra starts pushing the frail looking elderly bloke about until I stop and tell the cyclist and the driver I'll have caught it all on my dashcam and they're both welcome to have a copy. Cyclist realises he'll be proven to be  in the wrong and captured on cam assaulting a pensioner. Gets on his bike and f**ks off. Pensioner left with a dent and scrape to sort out on his own insurance.

I advised pensioner to report to police as an assault in the hope that the police will try harder to trace the culprit. As far as I'm aware, he wasn't caught. There's a dick on a bike that goes through a red light at a busy crossroads every time I see him towards the start of a commute.

People in general do their own thing these days, pedestrians walk out in the road knowing full well there's a car coming, presumably thinking "screw you, you'll stop".

People cut each other up in their cars and cyclists pay no heed to red lights.

I had someone pull out on me 2 days ago (Audi  A4 1.5 TSI)- side road straight into my path on a 50 road, jumped on the brakes same time that the ACC sensor kicked in. I beep, he jumps on the brakes (I was already braking). Side by side at the lights near Jesmond he winds down the window after flicking Vs at me to shout some more. I point at my dashcam and ask if he knows what "that" is. Full of apologies after that. "too late for that, I'll be emailing a copy of the video to Wallsend station". Ego deflated.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.