Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785056 times)

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9430 on: 07 May 2019, 11:35 »
Maybe not today but end of last week managed to take the passenger side rear quarter down a low fence. Made a score starting just behind the rear edge of the front door (just looks like it'll polish out for the front half of the panel to a 10mm-ish deep score (as in, that's the distance the arch is pushed in over the wheelarch and scratched the paint on the rear wheel. Wierdly the paint is virtually undamaged but it's way too bad for a PDR guy.

Totally unforced error and properly peeved with myself but took it for a quote to get fixed (currently awaiting their reply) at a couple of places before deciding whether to go through the insurance or suck it up and pay for it myself. I have protected no claims but any own fault accident will push it up, so we'll see.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #9431 on: 07 May 2019, 12:27 »
Summer wheels fitted and a good clean as been a bit neglected this year so far.

Looking good  :cool:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9432 on: 07 May 2019, 12:29 »
Maybe not today but end of last week managed to take the passenger side rear quarter down a low fence. Made a score starting just behind the rear edge of the front door (just looks like it'll polish out for the front half of the panel to a 10mm-ish deep score (as in, that's the distance the arch is pushed in over the wheelarch and scratched the paint on the rear wheel. Wierdly the paint is virtually undamaged but it's way too bad for a PDR guy.

Totally unforced error and properly peeved with myself but took it for a quote to get fixed (currently awaiting their reply) at a couple of places before deciding whether to go through the insurance or suck it up and pay for it myself. I have protected no claims but any own fault accident will push it up, so we'll see.

Feel for you having damaged mine myself a couple of times, gutting. I'd just pay for it myself (cost dependent of course) as I have,  insurers will probably have the money and some with increased premiums plus an excess...

I saw a system of dent removal on TV recently using an induction coil which pulled out some pretty big dents. Might be worth looking around for further advice before totally discounting PDR?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #9433 on: 07 May 2019, 13:27 »

Feel for you having damaged mine myself a couple of times, gutting. I'd just pay for it myself (cost dependent of course) as I have,  insurers will probably have the money and some with increased premiums plus an excess...

I saw a system of dent removal on TV recently using an induction coil which pulled out some pretty big dents. Might be worth looking around for further advice before totally discounting PDR?

I've not looked into it as the panel looks to have been a bit stretched and it's quite a sharp crease, rather than a smooth dent (if you see what I mean).

Ah well, fingers crossed it won't cost too much lol.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Jdm owner

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9434 on: 07 May 2019, 18:53 »
You will see a lot better benefits with the turbo muffler delete and a a good aftermarket filter R600 or Apr Ie variant.  :smiley:

Thanks Jdm, have you done that yourself then? I was considering the turbo muffler delete but comments on other sites seemed to say it was purely a noise change rather than performance. Plus as mine isn't mapped, I didn't think an intake box would make any difference. As for the filters, one thing that would concern me would be extra wear on the turbo of more particles passing through the filter that a standard element would stop. I'd be interested in your views if you have first hand experience. :smiley:

Yeah running full Racingline intake does make a difference, performance and also induction noise.
Also running Apr Software and a Remus exhaust.
 Ohh the noise :whistle: on boost

Offline Jdm owner

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9435 on: 07 May 2019, 18:58 »
Summer wheels fitted and a good clean as been a bit neglected this year so far.

Defo marmite gold / white :laugh:  was running a similar setup gold 3sdm 0.09
What's the spec on the stance set up? Sitting well

Offline dubvrs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9436 on: 07 May 2019, 19:03 »

ST XTA coilovers front 10mm from max low and rear adjusters removed. 19x8.5 ET35 with 225/35/19 tyres.

Offline Jdm owner

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9437 on: 07 May 2019, 19:22 »

ST XTA coilovers front 10mm from max low and rear adjusters removed. 19x8.5 ET35 with 225/35/19 tyres.

Running similar KW on 18x8.5 ET42 fender mod carried out however slight scrub on sh!tty roads.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9438 on: 07 May 2019, 19:56 »
You will see a lot better benefits with the turbo muffler delete and a a good aftermarket filter R600 or Apr Ie variant.  :smiley:

Thanks Jdm, have you done that yourself then? I was considering the turbo muffler delete but comments on other sites seemed to say it was purely a noise change rather than performance. Plus as mine isn't mapped, I didn't think an intake box would make any difference. As for the filters, one thing that would concern me would be extra wear on the turbo of more particles passing through the filter that a standard element would stop. I'd be interested in your views if you have first hand experience. :smiley:

Yeah running full Racingline intake does make a difference, performance and also induction noise.

Thanks for that. I suspect though that the extra benefits will be negligible on an otherwise standard car and I'm not looking to map it. :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9439 on: 08 May 2019, 09:20 »

Thanks for that. I suspect though that the extra benefits will be negligible on an otherwise standard car and I'm not looking to map it. :smiley:

All these little mods will make bugger all difference on their own but combined would be noticeable. Best bet is just to wait and get the Revo Performance pack for £2.5k and end up with a proper 350bhp! Bet it would completely transform the GTI!

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey