Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785055 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8800 on: 09 August 2018, 15:53 »
"I wonder if OEM MK4 Golf wheel centrecaps would fit(?) as they’re a little bit smaller than mk7 caps.
They might be a bit too small though. I can’t remember the exact diameter of them now. I’ll see if I can find one to measure buried in a box somewhere in my garage. "

That would be great, much appreciated :)

After much searching in dusty boxes I found some old and knackered mk4 centres at long last.
The diameter of the face is 56mm and the lugs across the back are 52mm or poss 53mm as my eyesight is failing in old age!
Part number is 1C0 071 213

I really wanted a Mk5 GT TDi 170 back in the day, but for one reason or another it just never happened.  :sad:

You can't let it go to the scrapper Exonian  :cry:

Thankfully a happier ending to the 170 as it found its way back to the dealer that it was bought from for far more money than I'd have paid!  :grin:

Pheww, I can sleep easy now  :whistle:
A huge relief to me I can tell you, I had nowhere to put it but I was damned if it was going to the crusher!  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #8801 on: 10 August 2018, 09:16 »

After much searching in dusty boxes I found some old and knackered mk4 centres at long last.
The diameter of the face is 56mm and the lugs across the back are 52mm or poss 53mm as my eyesight is failing in old age!

This information may be useful as I have a set of Rota Grids sat int he dining room (coilovers are in the lounge) to go on the Up and keen to put some oem centres

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #8802 on: 10 August 2018, 10:03 »

This information may be useful as I have a set of Rota Grids sat int he dining room (coilovers are in the lounge) to go on the Up and keen to put some oem centres

Thanks for digging up that info. Much appreciated :)
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Hebegeebee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8803 on: 10 August 2018, 14:31 »
I took delivery of my set of 18” VWR Cup Edition wheels on Wednesday after a long wait for them. Received tyres for them yesterday and hoping to get them fitted later today or in the morning.
What I want to do then is fit VW centre caps but I’m not sure what ones to order? Does anyone know who has had they’re wheels what VW centre caps fit? Thanks in advance for the help. I’ll get some pics up when the wheels are fitted.
Picked up 03/Nov/2017 - GTi-P, White silver, 5dr., Manual with extras

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8804 on: 10 August 2018, 14:34 »
I took delivery of my set of 18” VWR Cup Edition wheels on Wednesday after a long wait for them. Received tyres for them yesterday and hoping to get them fitted later today or in the morning.
What I want to do then is fit VW centre caps but I’m not sure what ones to order? Does anyone know who has had they’re wheels what VW centre caps fit? Thanks in advance for the help. I’ll get some pics up when the wheels are fitted.

Is that the TD Pro Race 1.3 style wheels?
I had a set on one of my mk6's and the mk6 wheel centres fitted ok from the standard Monza wheels, so there's a fair chance the mk7 caps will fit the VWR wheels as the caps are almost identical in dimensions.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #8805 on: 10 August 2018, 22:30 »
Those racingline wheels are real nice I’m sure they will look great ! I added a little engine decorative kit for a car show on Sunday. Happy with the results
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Hebegeebee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8806 on: 11 August 2018, 00:33 »
Quote from: Exonian

Is that the TD Pro Race 1.3 style wheels?
I had a set on one of my mk6's and the mk6 wheel centres fitted ok from the standard Monza wheels, so there's a fair chance the mk7 caps will fit the VWR wheels as the caps are almost identical in dimensions.

I think they’re based on the Pro Race 1.2 but they look almost identical to the 1.3. Thanks for the heads up on the standard caps from the wheels. I got around to checking earlier on this evening and the caps on my Milton Keynes (MK) alloys will fit the VWR alloys perfectly. In fact they’re a better fit than in the MK’s.
Picked up 03/Nov/2017 - GTi-P, White silver, 5dr., Manual with extras

Offline JasonGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8807 on: 11 August 2018, 15:37 »
Those racingline wheels are real nice I’m sure they will look great ! I added a little engine decorative kit for a car show on Sunday. Happy with the results

Where did the engine kit come from mate
2018 MK 7.5 GTD 3 Dr in Pure White,Extras,Front Splitter, Carbon Exhaust Tips.

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #8808 on: 11 August 2018, 16:57 »
It’s from ezm on eBay. Great service from the guy and it comes in a few different colours. If you search gti decals it comes up then his store shows all he has available

Offline JasonGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8809 on: 11 August 2018, 20:07 »
cheers mate.
2018 MK 7.5 GTD 3 Dr in Pure White,Extras,Front Splitter, Carbon Exhaust Tips.