Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785044 times)

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8270 on: 25 March 2018, 17:45 »
I think it could just be rawl plugged into the hole in the floor maybe?
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8271 on: 25 March 2018, 18:02 »
I think it could just be rawl plugged into the hole in the floor maybe?

The hole may not have enough depth or diameter for that but the oe stop easily pops out for experimentation. A search may find others that have already made one.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #8272 on: 25 March 2018, 18:16 »
cheers i saw a thread where someone made one using a door stop and used a 20mm long rawl plug. Might be worth a go.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8273 on: 27 March 2018, 21:32 »
Today the winter Conti's were removed to be replaced by a new set of 235/35/19 PS4S's as a few members here have recommended, got the PS4S's from Blackcircle delivered to local fitting centre, very good deal........looking forward to trying them out properly  :cool:......obviously after the forecasted bank holiday weekend winter weather has fluked off!  :shocked:
« Last Edit: 07 April 2018, 14:54 by deltarikk »

Offline Jdm owner

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8274 on: 04 April 2018, 17:10 »
Fresh colour change on the 3sdm and fitted gloss black rear valance.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #8275 on: 05 April 2018, 09:20 »
Best bump stop to buy??

I bought this one which worked fine as delivered, no adjustment was required.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-AUDI-PERFORMANCE-CLUTCH-STOP-GOLF-MK6-MK7-GTI-R-SCIROCCO-A3-S3-TT-SEOTLEON/331207149596?hash=item4d1d7c081c:g:zvwAAOxyF0pTgS2v

Agreed with you Peter I took the plunge and bought the same one fitted it and yes you can definitely feel the difference with the travel and imo it transforms the gear changes no more clunky jerky changes with the excess travel well worth to £12 ish and arrived in a wk... :smiley:
« Last Edit: 07 April 2018, 16:54 by gtiaps »
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8276 on: 07 April 2018, 15:02 »
Well it was going be a good clean trying some new foam and shampoo however due to the return of the rain I've fitted red led footwell lights ......actually just one so far drivers side as its only side accessible whilst in garage....at least I can keep another bit of excitement for tomorrow doing the passenger side  :laugh: I should add I followed Rebecca's excellent advice I found from vwroc forum back in 2016  :cool:

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #8277 on: 08 April 2018, 09:52 »
Well it was going be a good clean trying some new foam and shampoo however due to the return of the rain I've fitted red led footwell lights ......actually just one so far drivers side as its only side accessible whilst in garage....at least I can keep another bit of excitement for tomorrow doing the passenger side  :laugh: I should add I followed Rebecca's excellent advice I found from vwroc forum back in 2016  :cool:

It’s still easy but just remember that when you unplug the light fitting the cable is extremely short and can disappear into the light recess and make it quite fiddly. I thought it was a one off but all 3 of mine have had really short wiring plugs on them.
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #8278 on: 08 April 2018, 13:18 »
Well not done a great deal due to the rain again  but managed a foam and 2 bucket wash quick spruce inside and got the car dressed in its best clobber again ( got my 19" Santis ) back on after doin the C2 wheel armour last weekend  lol fingers crossed now no more snow  :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8279 on: 08 April 2018, 14:39 »

It’s still easy but just remember that when you unplug the light fitting the cable is extremely short and can disappear into the light recess and make it quite fiddly. I thought it was a one off but all 3 of mine have had really short wiring plugs on them.

Cheers for that JB.....you're not wrong, its really really short on passenger side!!!....flippin 'eck ....I had to keep getting out to reconnect my spine, finally did it without losing too much skin off the fingers!  :laugh: very pleased with the results and have to agree with the top tip of trying the light first as I wouldn't want to try doing that again  :tongue: