Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785074 times)

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8060 on: 28 January 2018, 19:32 »
Completed it’s first proper clean  :rolleyes:
Pictures here
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=282934.msg2584048#msg2584048
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #8061 on: 28 January 2018, 19:58 »
Very nice, although funny the after have leaves on trees? this time of year :wink: Estate agents trick.
No, did mine today also, perfect day for it, no pics but inside before lunch, exterior after. Looks nice again and saves on gym fees, not that I've ever succumbed.
My philosophy has always been don't expend energy without a useful result/purpose.
Sorry if this offends you but some of your posts are downright rude. Do you think leaves have been photoshopped into a picture 🔔🔚

I think he thinks the after pics are from an earlier point in the year, but the same trees are in the before pics. :rolleyes:  I could show him the exif data on my flickr app which shows the date taken, but it’s such a preposterous inference, it’s really not worth my time.

Surely he was joking?
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8062 on: 28 January 2018, 20:05 »
Very nice, although funny the after have leaves on trees? this time of year :wink: Estate agents trick.
No, did mine today also, perfect day for it, no pics but inside before lunch, exterior after. Looks nice again and saves on gym fees, not that I've ever succumbed.
My philosophy has always been don't expend energy without a useful result/purpose.
Sorry if this offends you but some of your posts are downright rude. Do you think leaves have been photoshopped into a picture 🔔🔚

I think he thinks the after pics are from an earlier point in the year, but the same trees are in the before pics. :rolleyes:  I could show him the exif data on my flickr app which shows the date taken, but it’s such a preposterous inference, it’s really not worth my time.

Surely he was joking?

It’s hard to tell with CHB.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dfsGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8063 on: 28 January 2018, 20:28 »
Excuse the ignorance but what are the green "chocks" under the wheels?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8064 on: 28 January 2018, 20:33 »

They are Detail Guardz, which have little rollers on them to stop hoses and pressure hoses getting caught under wheels.  Work a treat.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/accessories/general-accessories/detail-guardz-hose-eez-pkg/4/prod_1838.html

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #8065 on: 28 January 2018, 21:16 »

They are Detail Guardz, which have little rollers on them to stop hoses and pressure hoses getting caught under wheels.  Work a treat.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/accessories/general-accessories/detail-guardz-hose-eez-pkg/4/prod_1838.html

That there is a brilliant idea, wow there really is a thing for everything.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline dfsGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8066 on: 28 January 2018, 21:24 »
Thanks for enlightening me. They look like really handy things. Every days a school day..

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #8067 on: 28 January 2018, 22:46 »

Surely he was joking?

It’s hard to tell with CHB.

Blimey you sensitive lot, it’s obviously a bloody joke.

Thought the wink and follow up enough, whatever ever happened to a bit of fun, this forum takes itself far too seriously for sure.

JC if all folks are looking for is for pat answers, forget it.

Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #8068 on: 28 January 2018, 22:53 »

Thank you.

But.....Seriously!  If you were to come to my house tomorrow, you’ll see exactly the same trees as in the pics taken today.  :rolleyes:

I know Booth, I honestly know. It merely reminded me of Agents with houses new to market in Jan and all the foliage in lush green.
I confirm I did mine also today, 3 hours inside and out and will look crap by this time tomorrow for sure.
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8069 on: 28 January 2018, 23:01 »

Thank you.

But.....Seriously!  If you were to come to my house tomorrow, you’ll see exactly the same trees as in the pics taken today.  :rolleyes:

I know Booth, I honestly know. It merely reminded me of Agents with houses new to market in Jan and all the foliage in lush green.
I confirm I did mine also today, 3 hours inside and out and will look crap by this time tomorrow for sure.

There’s plenty of recognisable humour and banter on this forum.  Imo your humour (if that’s what it is) doesn’t always translate, especially when it’s directed at the same target time and time again.  Easily mistaken for constant piss taking or even habitual antagonism. Emojis can be misleading, don’t rely on them to bail yourself out.   :grin:

3 hours well spent CHB. :smiley:  But, yes, they’ll both be disgustingly filfhty this time tomorrow.  Bring it on!  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 28 January 2018, 23:13 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual