Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785064 times)

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7960 on: 17 January 2018, 22:26 »

really REALLY considering the app connect i have the £200 just not sure if i really need it or not i use spotify and once connected through bluetooth i can skip tracks but not select playlists without the fone in hand also youtube i use a lot again you can skip music but not select folder

texts come up on my phone on the MIB2 but not whats app which 90% of the time i use does app connect allow this ?

whats the benefits on the app connect is it worth the cost ?

all in all spent a BOMB BUT she will look braw when i get finished with her  :laugh:

AppConnect (at least on Apple Airplay) doesn't work with WhatsApp. Spotify is quite good, you can select playlist etc (although search seems to be disabled). I don't think there's a youtube app either. Apple Maps is good (although not as good a as google maps on Android auto). I have a 7.5 so it came as standard - not sure I'd pay £200 for it.

Will be android as i have a samsung take it u get app connect on the car and instal the corresponding app on ur fone to work with it ?

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #7961 on: 17 January 2018, 22:28 »
sure i did something else but forgotten as spent every night outside with it husbands taken it away from me  :grin: :cry:

i proper laughed at that

Re the mode light, did you use my instructions or the written ones?

Thought you also did the headlight washers
And fan speed on auto
And refill quantity (until you got confused)
« Last Edit: 17 January 2018, 22:31 by Vwjap »

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #7962 on: 17 January 2018, 22:32 »
sure i did something else but forgotten as spent every night outside with it husbands taken it away from me  :grin: :cry:

i proper laughed at that

Headlight washers i knew id missed one !

Ur instructions but urs were english that part on my apps it german so gave up searching when he rattled the window and told.me to get in the house   :laugh: reminded him of the hours he spends with the screwfix catalogue and the fireblade that shut him up for a bit - whats the german translation for the wee light cos it gets on my goat  :angry:

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #7963 on: 17 January 2018, 22:33 »
Not done yet but all purchased for the weekend ..............

genuine black gloss wing mirror caps
eyelids for front lights
DODO brilliant white hard wax
Bilt Hamber Snow Foam

Have done the following OBDeleven malarky some of which hasnt worked :/

Scandinavian lights ......then changed to DRL's on AUTO only
heated seat timer to 10mins (didnt work)
Drive Mode button from yellow to white (not worked)
windows close on rain (not sure yet as snawing like a wa*ker here just now so will wait for a sunny day)
pace car indicators
Windows close on ignition off (didnt work)
seatbelt alarm off
And fan speed on auto  :whistle:
And refill quantity (until i got confused)  :rolleyes:

really REALLY considering the app connect i have the £200 just not sure if i really need it or not i use spotify and once connected through bluetooth i can skip tracks but not select playlists without the fone in hand also youtube i use a lot again you can skip music but not select folder

texts come up on my phone on the MIB2 but not whats app which 90% of the time i use does app connect allow this ?

whats the benefits on the app connect is it worth the cost ?

all in all spent a BOMB BUT she will look braw when i get finished with her  :laugh:

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #7964 on: 17 January 2018, 22:36 »

i proper laughed at that

And fan speed on auto

Also ...fan speed on auto does it have to use ac i had this on my cooper sd and didnt use ac just regulated the temp and fan speed is there a code to do that

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #7965 on: 17 January 2018, 22:37 »
Zusatzcodierung Fahrprofiltaster hat keine LED (Parent menu is button in Center console)
Set it to LED not installed

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #7966 on: 17 January 2018, 22:43 »

i proper laughed at that

And fan speed on auto

Also ...fan speed on auto does it have to use ac i had this on my cooper sd and didnt use ac just regulated the temp and fan speed is there a code to do that
when on auto the control doesn’t show what speed the fan is at, doing this mod just shows you what speed the fan is (1 LED,2 LEDs etc in the round dial)

if you set the temp and put it on auto then when it gets to set temp the car turns the fan up and down to control the temp, that’s standard in the car

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #7967 on: 17 January 2018, 22:49 »

i proper laughed at that

And fan speed on auto

when on auto the control doesn’t show what speed the fan is at, doing this mod just shows you what speed the fan is (1 LED,2 LEDs etc in the round dial)

if you set the temp and put it on auto then when it gets to set temp the car turns the fan up and down to control the temp, that’s standard in the car

Not mine when i push auto the air con comes on when i turn the ac off the fan speed doesnt change at all so cold car 26drgrees fan speed stays on 2 or 3

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #7968 on: 17 January 2018, 22:55 »
Pretty sure mine the fans go on fast when I switch to auto and when the car warms up it slows down,

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #7969 on: 17 January 2018, 22:56 »
Pretty sure mine the fans go on fast when I switch to auto and when the car warms up it slows down,

Will need to test it tomorrow thats wat my mini did but the 2 times ive tried it ac came on amd when i switch that off the fan dies down to 2 or 3