Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784992 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7850 on: 04 January 2018, 08:00 »
Fitted my new black mirror caps. For a modern car, that was the easiest job ever.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
« Reply #7851 on: 04 January 2018, 08:03 »
Fitted my new black mirror caps. For a modern car, that was the easiest job ever.
That's good to know, I've got mine here for as soon as car arrives.
That way I can package up the originals and know they are brand new.
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30

Offline seanng

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7852 on: 04 January 2018, 08:08 »
That's good to know, I've got mine here for as soon as car arrives.
That way I can package up the originals and know they are brand new.

Just don’t follow 99% off the vids on YouTube... I did mine without removing the mirror.

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #7853 on: 04 January 2018, 09:56 »
Used my OBDeleven in anger for the first time.

Added fogs activating with high beam including the flash function, fan speed in auto and rain closure. Found it dead easy to use, you simply need to know what to change. Impressed!

Overall, it's already paid for itself with those few things.

It really is a brilliant bit of kit for the money. We're you already an android user Graham?

Morning All, hope everyone had a fab xmas and new year :)

I purchased my OBDeleven yesterday currently in transit to me  :grin:

I did NOT purchase the pro pack, purely because i wont be going mental with coding i just want to do a couple of minor things ie

soundaktor volume
windows with the key fob (had this on my mini and loved it)
Fogs with high beam is one i also want to add

I know some things dont require the pro pack where as others do what i wanted to ask was when i look at the app just now in the corner of each setting there is a C and a number is this telling me how many credits i require to carry out the one touch apps i thought the soundaktor and some light settings didnt require the pro pack ?

TIA

Jen

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #7854 on: 04 January 2018, 09:59 »
Windows with the key fob Jeni?

You mean being able to wind up the windows when you lock the car and open them when you unlock it?

That's possible without anything... just hold down the lock (to wind up) or unlock button (to wind down)

Its enabled in the car settings menu if its not enabled already....
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #7855 on: 04 January 2018, 10:01 »
Hi Fred

Yes thats what i mean, see you learn a new thing everyday :) How was your festive period ?

Any other recommendations for what i could do with the OBDeleven ? i know there is a dedicated page but wondered if anyone has done anything on here that might tickle me fancy  :grin:

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7856 on: 04 January 2018, 10:43 »
Hi Fred

Yes thats what i mean, see you learn a new thing everyday :) How was your festive period ?

Any other recommendations for what i could do with the OBDeleven ? i know there is a dedicated page but wondered if anyone has done anything on here that might tickle me fancy  :grin:

You're very limited to what you can do without the pro version. Not even sure you can do the fogs with main beam.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #7857 on: 04 January 2018, 10:45 »
Hi Fred

You're very limited to what you can do without the pro version. Not even sure you can do the fogs with main beam.

I will buy credits as i have quite a few on my google account anyway i have installed the OBDeleven pro app on my phone too

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7858 on: 04 January 2018, 10:50 »
Hi Fred

I will buy credits as i have quite a few on my google account anyway i have installed the OBDeleven pro app on my phone too

Even with the credits I'm not sure you can do it. The credits only let you use the built in apps to change things and I don't remember seeing that there when I looked. If I remember there were only a handful of stuff you could do.

I'll have a look later for you.
« Last Edit: 04 January 2018, 12:43 by I wanted a GTi »

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7859 on: 04 January 2018, 11:11 »
Yesterday I hit 5k, my last car I had done that in one month.