Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785063 times)

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7770 on: 23 December 2017, 18:45 »
Thanks Watts & JoeGTI.

Took the plunge and and ordered the Nilfisk C110 7-5. Arrives on Wednesday so got next weekend planned (subject to the weather!)  :wink:
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7771 on: 23 December 2017, 19:33 »
Thanks Watts & JoeGTI.

Took the plunge and and ordered the Nilfisk C110 7-5. Arrives on Wednesday so got next weekend planned (subject to the weather!)  :wink:

Great! Without wishing to spend more of your hard earned, a good quality snow foam lance is very worthwhile -https://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/exterior-cleaning/autobrite-direct-snow-foam-lance/autobrite-heavy-duty-foam-lance-various-connectors.html
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #7772 on: 24 December 2017, 08:56 »
Had suffered a similar problem as Booth so got the karcher out and made it a white Christmas for my GTI.

Speaking of karcher's....  I think it about time I invested in one. Which is the best model to get as I am clueless and don't want to spend too much on a top model of the lower model does more or less the same thing???  :undecided:

Get yourself on eBay, got my K3 for £30

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #7773 on: 24 December 2017, 08:59 »
Looking great there monsta :smiley: Love the wheels, what are they?

+1 for the wheels, even though the 10 open spoke design looks like they might take a while to clean. Really like them though, and they look good on a Carbon Grey GTI.

Thanks guys had them on for about a month now, they're MOMO Revenge this is actually the first time I cleaned them myself, before they went on I covered them in Poor boy's wheel sealant so wasn't too bad actually despite the number of spokes!

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7774 on: 24 December 2017, 17:02 »
Great! Without wishing to spend more of your hard earned, a good quality snow foam lance is very worthwhile -https://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/exterior-cleaning/autobrite-direct-snow-foam-lance/autobrite-heavy-duty-foam-lance-various-connectors.html

Watts!!! What are you doing to me? I know it's Christmas n'all  :laugh:

Okay, I checked that link out but (dumb question) how do I know which connector to order as it has 3 different ones for the Nilfisk?  :huh:

Oh, and which is a good foam to get too?

Cheers
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7775 on: 24 December 2017, 17:06 »
Fitted my badge skins, anyone else use them and found that they weren't cut perfectly for the letters and also have to cut each one because they were not spaced right?
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7776 on: 24 December 2017, 17:27 »

Watts!!! What are you doing to me? I know it's Christmas n'all  :laugh:

Okay, I checked that link out but (dumb question) how do I know which connector to order as it has 3 different ones for the Nilfisk?  :huh:

Oh, and which is a good foam to get too?

Cheers

Sorry :embarrassed: I've only tried the one but it was well recommended and does work very well - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/foam-pre-wash/valet-pro-advanced-neutral-snow-foam/prod_1087.html

Fitment for the Nilfisk - iirc (sorry, I realise that's a little short on the helpful front) it's the Nilfisk/Kew/Alto bayonet. Definitely a bayonet fitting and it's not the pro connector and I'm pretty sure it's not the quick release so 95% sure it's the bayonet. A quick google of you pw model number should confirm it 100%. Happy snow foaming! Oh, and don't use too much or you'll be snow foaming for ages to use it up, I end up with it everywhere, on me, over my plants, in the house and the pw usually gets a good covering too!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7777 on: 24 December 2017, 18:36 »
Best snow foams ime (and I’ve tried quite a few) are, the one linked to above ValetPro Advanced Neutral.  ValetPro do a few but it’s the Advanced that is by far the best.  And a very close second is Bilt Hamber Auto Foam.  http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/foam-pre-wash/bilt-hamber-auto-foam/prod_1165.html
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7778 on: 24 December 2017, 18:45 »
 :sad: Didn't put the lance properly on my pressure washer...now have a lovely 'end of lance shaped' dint on my wing...when it's light I might have to take a photo and seek your opinions on best way of getting it fixed. I was hoping it might just suction out but it's right near a crease.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7779 on: 24 December 2017, 18:59 »
:sad: Didn't put the lance properly on my pressure washer...now have a lovely 'end of lance shaped' dint on my wing...when it's light I might have to take a photo and seek your opinions on best way of getting it fixed. I was hoping it might just suction out but it's right near a crease.

Oh dear Pixwix, hope it does get sorted easily :sad:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.