Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785005 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7560 on: 04 November 2017, 21:17 »
Yep they were at the limit. Or possibly a tad beyond it. I’ve known for a while that they were due a change but tbh I just didn’t have the time, it’s been hectic at work and at home the last few months, car stuff has taken a “back seat”. Mind you, I never felt the car lose traction.

The rears have about 3mm but they’ll wait till after Xmas I reckon.

I’ll be getting the tracking checked though. I was told only in August that it was spot on. Tbh I think that pic makes it look worse than it was, if the camber is out a bit it’s not by much I’d say.

Will be interested to see how the PS4’s feel once they bed in (and I have my tracking checked!)

« Last Edit: 04 November 2017, 21:24 by JoeGTI »
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7561 on: 05 November 2017, 09:31 »
Yep they were at the limit. Or possibly a tad beyond it. I’ve known for a while that they were due a change but tbh I just didn’t have the time, it’s been hectic at work and at home the last few months, car stuff has taken a “back seat”. Mind you, I never felt the car lose traction.

The rears have about 3mm but they’ll wait till after Xmas I reckon.

I’ll be getting the tracking checked though. I was told only in August that it was spot on. Tbh I think that pic makes it look worse than it was, if the camber is out a bit it’s not by much I’d say.

Will be interested to see how the PS4’s feel once they bed in (and I have my tracking checked!)

Is there a marked difference between VW dealers in Ireland and the UK? If not I'd say they were full of sh!t and didn't even check the tracking, did they charge you for checking it Joe?

VW dealer would be the last place I'd go to get it checked. Find a good independent to check it.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7562 on: 05 November 2017, 10:00 »
Long story but yes, it did have a full tracking / alignment done, including alignment of the front radar. This was because I complained that the steering seemed off centre after they had replaced a shock top mount. So I did have an alignment issue at one point, at least for a short while.

My local dealers aren’t too bad tbh, I find them ok on service/warranty stuff most of the time.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7563 on: 05 November 2017, 13:05 »
Long story but yes, it did have a full tracking / alignment done, including alignment of the front radar. This was because I complained that the steering seemed off centre after they had replaced a shock top mount. So I did have an alignment issue at one point, at least for a short while.

My local dealers aren’t too bad tbh, I find them ok on service/warranty stuff most of the time.

Did you keep the tyres? If not I'd go back and get them and bring them into the dealer and asked them if the guy that done the alignment carries a long white stick with him.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #7564 on: 05 November 2017, 20:02 »
After a full weekend cleaning other peoples cars last weekend I gave the GTI a little wash today and managed to start it before it went dark this time! Done 4k miles since picking it up early July and the ceramic coating (Polish Angel Master Sealant) is working a treat  :cool:

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #7565 on: 05 November 2017, 21:25 »
After a full weekend cleaning other peoples cars last weekend I gave the GTI a little wash today and managed to start it before it went dark this time! Done 4k miles since picking it up early July and the ceramic coating (Polish Angel Master Sealant) is working a treat  :cool:

Looks good Jim. And I’m starting to like the Parkers.......maybe it’s the combination of Parker’s with Indium Grey GTI, but IMO they look quite good on your car.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #7566 on: 05 November 2017, 21:41 »
Car looks great
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7567 on: 05 November 2017, 22:29 »

Look superb!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #7568 on: 05 November 2017, 23:02 »

Looks good Jim. And I’m starting to like the Parkers.......maybe it’s the combination of Parker’s with Indium Grey GTI, but IMO they look quite good on your car.

Cheers, think keeping them shiny helps!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #7569 on: 06 November 2017, 09:17 »
NOW - 330e M Sport